near perfect epoxy gloss tech

This is pretty weird. Wanted smoooth bottom so sanded the heck out of it and then was going to do a sanded gloss. In the dusty garage ya gotta sand the gloss. When the landlord is driving his tractor back and forth outside the door mowing and kicking up dust ya gotta sane the gloss.

So I shut the door which had been standing open to the breeze and dusty blowing in and wiped the board off w/ paper towel and denatured alch. Just slapped on the resin, cross brushed once, length wise stroked it once, and went for lunch. Based on past experience I was expecting a pumice like consistency and I was just looking for a little extra resin to fine sand so I wouldn’t go into the cloth.

But it came out like magic. Baby bottom smooth! Like a clean room gloss. The stars must have just been aligned right. The moon is in Uranus. Welcome to the twilight zone.

Quote:

This is pretty weird. Wanted smoooth bottom so sanded the heck out of it and then was going to do a sanded gloss. In the dusty garage ya gotta sand the gloss. When the landlord is driving his tractor back and forth outside the door mowing and kicking up dust ya gotta sane the gloss.

So I shut the door which had been standing open to the breeze and dusty blowing in and wiped the board off w/ paper towel and denatured alch. Just slapped on the resin, cross brushed once, length wise stroked it once, and went for lunch. Based on past experience I was expecting a pumice like consistency and I was just looking for a little extra resin to fine sand so I wouldn’t go into the cloth.

But it came out like magic. Baby bottom smooth! Like a clean room gloss. The stars must have just been aligned right. The moon is in Uranus. Welcome to the twilight zone.

it happens… I had it on one board as well. Just sanded and rollered on the epoxy, came up 99% blemish free, the few blemishes were towards the tail so wax covers those anyway so I just left it.

the bit about the moon sounded rude… LOL!

Quote:
Quote:

the bit about the moon sounded rude… LOL!

Thank you! It was meant to.

Ban this filth

oh now, it’s just asstrology