New board for PCinSC

Peter is one of those imaginary friends I met here on Swaylocks. He’s did the t-shirt designs, get the printing done and provided much needed moral support during the planning stages of a couple of Big Sur camping events. Turns out he isn’t too bad of a real friend either.

I offered to make him a board and it’s nearly completed.

9’3" X 23 1/2" X 18 1/2" X 17 X 3 1/4" from a 10’4" Bennett Blank. 6+6 deck, 6 bottom.

When I say “backyard”, I’m really in the backyard. Uhh, except when I’m in the frontyard. Note hi-tech UV curing chamber…

Nice.

Hard to find the sun in SF most of the time.

I was holding my board over my head in the corner of the yard trying to get the UV resin to kick last week.

The neighbors must think I crazy.

Quote:

Peter is one of those imaginary friends I met here on Swaylocks. He’s did the t-shirt designs, get the printing done and provided much needed moral support during the planning stages of a couple of Big Sur camping events. Turns out he isn’t too bad of a real friend either.

typical cool shit!

Why start with that blank? Needed the thickness for a deep vee in the tail? Wanted to shift the widepoint? Needed to modify rocker off stock?

Or just got a deal on it and your backyard’s foam dust absorbing capacity was strong?

I’m always curious about those kinds of choices. Knowing you, there had to be a reason to cut 12" off a blank… spill it. :stuck_out_tongue:

J:

I think you live in the only corner of Osos that

doesn’t have a lot of trees!! LOL

Thick is as thick does!!!

Great use of rocker/blank to get

a big guy up!

BKB

Hi Ben -

It came with a couple of others in a sample pack through Hau Pana. The other longboard blanks (9’5" Terry Martin) looked nearly ideal except for maybe a little too thin. Overshaping wasn’t an issue. It seemed pretty consistent density throughout.

So far the new foams I’ve used seem to have cleaner plugs that allow closer tolerances. Many of the old Clark Blanks came with dings and divots… you often had to go thicker to get your desired dimensions. I’m not sure if that would have been the case with this one. It was nearly perfect out of the mold.

Peter has several boards but I hope he can put this one to use in his quiver.

This kind of stuff is what Swaylock’s is all about!

so is that polyesther

I smell?

or is that the new rr?

got a gallon of the new blue

but have yet to pop it open

interested to hear some use results…

…ambrose…

bought 40 bennets my self

any body wants one

my friend still has more

and I can part with a few

seconds and firsts

are getting cheap fast.

tdi blanks…?

the mdi blanx guys sound cool too.

how will they do,time is at hand

to reveal them to me and you

Howzit Brose, The blue resin is good stuff, it keeps the board white longer than regular resin. Bought some Bennet blanks, hope BASA gave you a good deal. Aloha,Kokua

izzat the blue rrepoxy ?

there’s more on island?

i thought

there was only a little

to go arround from topper…

…ambrose…

Howzit Brose, I thought you were referring to the blue poly resin.Aloha,Kokua