New Board in the works and new Fins.

Ordered a new board my first " New " Board in many years.  For the past few years I have hunted down used Boards. Have found some nice bargins. a McTavish 9’1" orginial 
An older beater 10’0" Hobie Peter Pan and a local made board all were good but it is now time to get that new ride Bruce Fowler is shaping it based off of his Playpus. This one is bit longer at 8’8" quad with a longboard box set up have some fins I want to play with. Speaking of Fins I’m using Robin Mair gear box and a set of his quaid fins. Ordered the fins a couple of days ago and they are already here. So here is my big thumbs up to Robin and great service. Fins look great can’t wait to get them in the new Board for a test.

Not familiar with the Fowler Platypus. Looking forward to pics and a ride report.

There are a couple of them on the Mollusk Surf Shop web page.  

Here is mine

8.4 x 23 x 3+

Amazing…ride

Another pic

Another pic

It looks that the fin is set much forward than a single fin is usually set. It looks, that the box starts about 12’ from the tail (usually its about half).

How does this board hold its line? I guess it turns exceptionally well, am I right? 

It is awesome…catches most anything…like my 8.2 Fowler V8…

Flowing turns…but can turn on a dime…and is so fast down the line…

But however, i would contact the deadshaper himself…bruce fowler…

For more details…

That board and fin setup should be close to a one board quiver. Which fins did you get from Robin?