New Project: Fiber glass Horan Winged Keel, with Bamboo wings

[img_assist|nid=1048083|title=Horan Bamboo winged Starfin|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=480]

Our new project:

Hey N
I am digging that!
Are the winglets larger than the regular
star fin or is that just photo angle?
Want to say thanks again for the Spitfire

To Probox Larry
you are a true craftsman Thank you
What a beautiful piece of glass work
your work is blowing minds down here
in FL

[quote="$1"] Hey N I am digging that! Are the winglets larger than the regular star fin or is that just photo angle? Want to say thanks again for the Spitfire To Probox Larry you are a true craftsman Thank you What a beautiful piece of glass work your work is blowing minds down here in FL [/quote]

Thanks my friend for the kind words, this angle will give you a better idea of the wings. Mahalo, Larry

That fin came together nicely. I like the checker board pattern on the bamboo wings.

~Brian

www.greenlightsurfsupply.com

Larry
looks like your on the verge of a
hydrofoil

Ready for lift-off!! LOL
How did you bind the two materials?
Seems like a lot of lateral force at the
join
did it reduce the weight of the fin?
If it’s any faster than the spitfire
your next project will be brakes!!
Mike

Sweet!

Must have been tricky to combine the wings on the base and still keep the strength without snapping, eh?

P.S.  I also like the vase on the table.

Marc

The Spitfire came from this fin.  This fin is from 1983.  It’s a sort of anniversary model for Cheyne.  They work really well in fiberglass, but the bamboo is new.  Helps with weight.  Thanks to Greenlight for his contribution on the wings also.  This was a multi person project from an idea generated to the craftsmen who generated the product.     No expectations huge amounts of sales.  Those who know will want want and some curious.   This was an old fashioned project to just see about getting it done.  Can’t wait to hear Cheyne’s feedback after he rides it.