new tape

has anyone used the new green masking tape? not too sure what it is. i am looking for the best tape to use when spraying with an airbrush. i keep running into problems with the paint bleeding into the tape. any product #'s for this new tape,cost?

has anyone used the new green masking tape? not too sure what it is. i am > looking for the best tape to use when spraying with an airbrush. i keep > running into problems with the paint bleeding into the tape. any product > #'s for this new tape,cost? You may be talking about the green tape by 3m.Its 233 series but a little more stretchy…its called “233plus”.Same price as normal 233 (about 2 bucks for 3/4").Check the archives.Its an auto product commonly avaliable at auto body shop suppliers…R.B.

Just used the green tape (“lacquer tape”) for the first time and it was easy to bend around. Pulls off nice too. I’ll use it again.

Just used the green tape (“lacquer tape”) for the first time and > it was easy to bend around. Pulls off nice too. I’ll use it again. Try to get a copy of 3M’s “end user catalog” from the auto paint supply store.You will go bonkers looking at all the new stuff they have come out with in the past year or so.There are tons of new sandpapers,rubbing compounds .pads etc.I tend to think that us board builders are kinda like Fred Flintstone when it comes to new product.The Surf Factory suppliers do a great job but they tend to sell the same old outdated stuff until they get a big market demand…R.B.