new website

I just found a cool website that lets you customize known shapers boards and then they ship the board to you.Its called surfboardbuilders.com . Check it out

That is an interesting set up. It looks like a sweet collaboration of some good shapers. It’s pretty out of the box, pity that shipping is so damn killing. Nice to see those cuys collaborating and giving a wide array of options to surfers. If they wanted to make it even cooler I would suggest an option to talk to the shaper about the design. Like a Skype or MSN setup, once you give your specs you can request the shaper to get in touch and discuss your specs with you…

the internet… wow…

thanks for the ideas. we just launched last friday and this is a good idea brought up by a few folks. for right now there is a shaper exchange where you can use your order number to talk to the shaper…but not in realtime like your suggestions. fyi, we are adding a page so people know who SBB is…Matt and Scott from Cardiff by the Sea Surf Shop

fyi, we are working on adding more shapers now…and working to stay true to our goal of just the best guys (meaning real craftsman as opposed to high sales).

Quote:

If they wanted to make it even cooler I would suggest an option to talk to the shaper about the design. Like a Skype or MSN setup, once you give your specs you can request the shaper to get in touch and discuss your specs with you…

the internet… wow…

Nice concept ! It could even integrate an online design tool such as this one :

http://www.atuacores.com/surmesure.php

Yeah, and it’s got our own go to guy Jim Phillips in the stable too!