Newly designed Skil Planer?

First off I want to thank all the special and gifted craftsmen on this forum for their continual help. I bought a Skil 1555 3-1/4" Planer, and I shape my own sticks; high performance fish, shortboard, semi-gun etc. I shape about 5-10 boards per year. After much research about the SKil 100, I decided (although it is the workhorse of the industry) it was far too expensive and heavy. The Clark modified hitachi was a healthy alternative but I ended up with a Skil 1555 3-1/4" Planer. I have never heard anything about my new planer in regards to surfboard shaping. No doubt it does work for me just fine, and I don’t expect it to have a long life expectancy, but I was curious to know if anyone has any feedback or opinion on this planer. I figured since the Skil 100 was so sought after, the Skil company would sort of reinvent the wheel with a more modern, cost effective design, ie - the Skil 1555. From what I gathered, this planer is a hot item here in San Diego,and out of stock a lot due to high demand. Thank you in advance.

any idea where i might find some info. on it? the skil website has nothing about planers. how is the skil planer diff. than other planers on the market?

any idea where i might find some info. on it? the skil website has nothing > about planers. how is the skil planer diff. than other planers on the > market? I found it at www.globalmart.com.Sells for 80 bucks,15000 rpm,4 amps.Kinda cheezy looking but maybe its an easy conversion…R.B.