non drying resin on fin plugs (!)

hi everybody,
I installed yesterday two sets of fins on different boards.
Im using polyester resin with black pigment. Went to check this morning and the resin is still gummy. seems to have gelled but is wet on the surface. First board was made on one shot, but on the second I screwed around the first two fins (quad set up) so the resin kicked and I had to prepare a bit more. I did not forget to add MEKP. I thought, maybe too much pigment didnt allow it to dry properly. But the resin on the plugs that I was working on when
it started to kick is the same (still gummy on surface) as the other ones.
It was very hot. like 30 degrees. dry.

what happened???

Do I put the board in the sun? bad idea?

How much pigment? Less than 3%?
Laminating resin or sanding resin?

If you put a lot of pigment in the resin it can take a long time to go hard , but in my experience it will eventually .

Mmm, not sure about the pigment. But to be honest I think I exaggerated a bit. I used about the same proportion for the leash plugs and it worked just fine.
It was laminating resin.
I understand from your question that I should use allways less than 3% of pigment, right?

…Gbzausa,
Thanks mate. And thanks to all for sharing. My e-mail box tells me there’s a few more comments , but I cant seem to be able to see them.
Today was really hot. I took some wax paper and stuck it around the plugs over the resin. Seems that it worked. I will see tomorrow when I try to sand it.
Thanks again everyone