Noserider concave design

When creating a nose concave, I know it has curve from rail lap line to rail lap line, but should there be curve from the front to the back of the concave along the stringer?
cheers

On the real deep ones the boss used to use a straight edge on stringer to make sure it was deep enough. Flat from end to end.

I don’t scope too many of them out but as ace stated the deep ones I’ve seen were flat.

Most shallower ones still had a curve in the direction of the rocker.

I have never seen one that had curve in the opposite direction of the rocker.

I’m not a big nose concave fan.

…besides if it works or do not, seems that you are confused about a concave.
Depends on the type of concave (spoon, tapered out, fading out) but you always have a curve in a concave, always. The spoon ones are what have more curve.

–Wideawake I am intrigued what pit is that in the photo?

—Shane Martin, kind of a secret agent name.

Reverb - Gotilla Biscuits.

Of course I’m confused about concave reverb… that’s why I asked the question. I searched the archives and have read page after page after page of opinions on concave… many are for and just as many against. Do they really work, are they necessary? etc etc. There are also many takes on how a concave is done by different shapers. Short , Long, shallow, deep, blended, defined, dead flat oval, the list goes on. Just chasing some detailed info from shapers on how they approach their particular styles of concave and why… Not ALL concave are created equal.
cheers

…hello, as mentioned, by definition, a concave is not something straight.
Ok, regarding to do a nose concave; do you really want it? if so do one, but is not necessary at all. In my opinion, if you pretend to use that nose rider in other situations, you should be a really good performer with all those classic moves under your sleeve or the board would be pearling among other things.
If I need to do one, a prefer to do a tapered blended one, so is bigger than the spoon one. These ones have soft edges to the rails. The bottom rocker is like an S deck but the other way around.

Why do people keep confusing concave with a “spoon”? A spoon is a stepdeck design and the feature that gives it that name is done on the deck of a board. The term spoon, as used in surfboard shapes, has absolutely nothing to do with a noserider concave. Nothing.

…hello SammyA, if you are talking about what I said; I am not confused about both things, but the question was about nose concave and I did not find (rapid) other way to mention the different types or possibilities there, in that first 1/3 of the bottom.
So, how is the right name in that very case?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments.
Much appreciated