NSP SOUTHPOINT have arrived!!

I was just checking out one of the Online surfshops over here in England, and I noticed that they’ve got in, a new range of boards in for this season. Have any of you guys heard of NSP / SOUTHPOINT epoxy boards?? They seem to look pretty much like the BIC boards. The thing is these things are cheap, way cheap like £300 for a 10’2 Mal with fins ( a decent hand shaped board of similar size would be say £550-600+) Now maybe this is good for the sport long term, because it makes it more accessable for people to surf (I know, more crowded waters as well) and eventually they may want a proper surfboard. I mean, different methods of construction are fascinating and maybe offer some interesting design opportunities to explore. But, it just strikes me that the inevitable advances in production techniques are changing the face of surfing as we know it, and this pile em high sell as cheap as chips mentality, saddens me. Laters Peaman

that guy at the little pink shop will sell any pile of shit that a salesman walks thru the door with! by the way gonna sort out that mccoy template on thursday and then email you for address. [blush])

that guy at the little pink shop will sell any pile of shit that a > salesman walks thru the door with!>>> by the way gonna sort out that mccoy template on thursday and then email > you for address. [blush]) Tell me about it Paul!! I know people have gotta make a living, but I dunno, he just fills his shop upto the knackers with cheapo gear, and flogs it to any one with an ounce of interest. One of the guys in there sold a mate a board that looked as if it was made by blind chimps!! Whats the point in that? Do you go back? NOPE!! Hope the shaping’s going well!! Good Luck Peaman

that guy sucks! tho does a reasonable surf report. ive only been in there once and wont go in again he tried to put the hard sell on a friend while i was in there my mate nearly bought the piece of shit longboard with the flames and bad gloss coat was £600!!! we went down the road and got a gulf stream one for £450! glassing to die for! why doesnt he sell any reconised surf brands?? shapings going well. how about you what you planning?? paul