"Oceanside Surfboards" S deck.. Does anyone have info?

Howdy Swaylocks gurus,

I bought this board off ebay from a 2nd hand dealer in inner city Melbourne, Australia, several years ago. 

I have never heard of this Oceanside outfit, is it perhaps from California?

From the S deck, I’m guessing c1970/71?

Unusual fin system too, plastic fin, held in place by a series of rectangular plugs in the box, which you remove and shuffle around, thus changing the position of the fin.

Nice outline, she’s 6’ long by 19 1/2", no legrope plug, and not too beaten up…

Hope someone can help here, thanks for looking.

Simon.

Here’s the fin setup, I think maybe a " Simplex " fin system? 

Ok, photo worked that time, let’s try the others again…

Here we go, the last 3…

There was an Oceanside Surfboards out of Cocoa Florida in the late 60s/ early 70s. That might be the origin, but the logo is unlike the one I’m familiar with. If it is from that Fla label, the fin system is probably Guidance. It’s surprising the channel caps are still in it. Those got lost easily. A Guidance fin setup would date it at 70-71. They weren’t around very long.

Oceanside was the label that spawned “The Spoiler” model. That is now one of the ripped off Chinese fakes being imported by Tom “Scumbag” Sena.

An original Spoiler:

Wow,
thank you very much for your trouble Sammy, a prompt and thorough reply.
Cheers mate.

Take the caps and fin out of the fin box and do a photo of the box, itself. You may find a label inside the box, telling whether it’s aGuidance or Simplex. They were nearly identical, as I recall.

To remove the fin, take off the channel caps, then use a piece of wood or rubber mallet to tap the the fin FORWARD.

wow .....good stuff !

have you ridden it simon , or has eli ?  [the outline looks nice ...]

edit: a google search turned up THIS , from the good ol'  'surfresearch' site ...

..... ? maybe next time you are on the way to Coffs , you could find this guy in Nambucca  ?  [hopefully there is a way to contact posters at www.surfresearch.com.au   ?? [hope so...] 

Oceanside Surfboards
?
circa 1970?

Iimage supplied by Joe, Nambucca Heads, June 2008.

cheers !

ben