Oil Cloth that won't leave fibers

I’ve been doing a sealer/gloss coat using RR epoxy resin. No matter how careful I am I always get a sand through here and there, usually near the nose and tail, fins and laps. My boards are usually colored and often dark and the sand throughs show ( I’ve inspected shop boards up close and find sand throughs but they are pretty invisible on white boards).

Anyways, my sealer/gloss coat only uses 3/4 of an ounce of resin for a shortboard and most of that is wiped off. I do not want to go to a full hot coat because I make performance oriented boards and am mindful of the weight. I basically wipe it on like it was linseed oil on wood. My problem is I’ve been using paper towels and they leave fibers. I’ve tried microfiber- even worse. I’ve tried cotton t- shirt scraps- worse.

I’m wondering if any of you. perhaps wood workers, know of a cloth that wouldn’t leave fibers?

It might save me an extra step. As it is I still have to sand the coat . I start with 400 and work down (600, 1000, 1500…last time I went to the store I could not find 800). It seals but is not really glossy. If it didn’t have the fibers I might be able to skip to the finer grits or directly to polish.

When I was working with videotape, we had a lint free cloth that we used to clean the videotape recorder heads everyday. It was a very tightly woven and heavier weight cloth. I have a ziplock bag with a few of these from the 90s. Only problem is that they are small pieces like only a couple inches square.
I’ve been looking at the things car painters use to clean off the car before spraying, but they can be expensive. They come in sizes up to over a foot square. Not a problem when you charge tens of thousands for a paint job.
Maybe there’s something car painters use that will work for you.

You could apply the finish coat with a foam weenie roller, I do that a lot, and I apply it very thin. Never had any problems

Maybe using cloth for dry glasses or clean lens. Are a kind of micreofibre, but…
Can I ask a couple of things about your method? how many layers are necesary, what is the difference with the sealing floor finish and how strong it is?
Greatings and be fine