Old project revival

After a few successful boards made, I started a beautiful 6’0" bonzer. Fast forward 7ish years and multiple kids later and i finally want to finish it. The problem is, i did the lam coat on the bottom and just never finished it. The deck is still still exposed foam, it’s been through 3 moves, stored in 3 dirty sheds and multiple New Jersey winters.

The foam is surprisingly in good condition but there’s absolutely no tack on the laminated bottom.

Is there any salvaging this? Can i sand it really well, clean it up with acetone and hot coat right over a 7 year old lam? Or am i going to have to strip it down to the foam and start from scratch?

PU resin S-glass

I’m no pro glasser.
My approach would be to vacuum old lammed glass with new brush attachment first.
Next wipe down with Windex.
Rinse with water. Then wipe down with distilled water.
“Lightly” hand sand with 150 grit. Then vacuum with brush attachment again.
That might do it.
But I have an experimental lam technique that I have been planning to try.
Purely Experimental:
Tape off foam to keep resin free.
In this case, I would squeegee a thin coat of resin over the entire sanded surface and wait until lightly tackey — I gauge tackey with a wooden match stick.
Then roll out a piece of 1-oz (maybe 2-oz) FG cloth over the resin coated surface, smoothing flat with a new squeegee as I go. Smooth tight over rails with squeegee too.
Then lam tacked lightweight cloth and razor trim when sufficiently gelled.
But first, experiment/practice with a piece of housing insulation foam.
Just my $0.02 of experimental lam tech.
Good luck!

That sounds like a really good idea. And it beats pulling the fiberglass off .