Older Hitachi Clark planer blades

I’ve been using my brother’s Hitachi Clark planer for a while, and I decided to clean it up before returning it. I cleaned it up, but the blades could use a good sharpening. I’ve read through the sharpening threads, and I have sandpaper down to 3000, so that part isn’t a problem.
I recently saw a posting where someone showed how they adjusted the blades after sharpening. I can’t remember if it was Jim Phillips or Pete C. I tried looking through the archive, but I haven’t found it yet. Any help would be great. I’ve also gone through several video clips from guys adjusting their planers, but the stuff I saw here seemed really good.
I also noticed he didn’t have a set of backup blades, so I’d like to get a set. I was wondering if the blades for a P20SB are different from the P20SBK blades? I can get the P20SBK HSS blades from quite a few sources.
Thanks for the help.

eh brah you brake em you buy em’

just order that bit roller from shapers in Australia
I heard it works better with eps and pu

Both the Hitachi PS 20B and P 20SB use a blade carrier system where the blades are adjusted on a jig OFF the planer then reinstalled. The jig is a pretty simple arrangement, you can probably make one if someone will lend you the real thing. Or you can buy one from Hitachi or other tool supply place. It’s the same jig for either model, but if the blades have been sharpened many times and too low they won’t fit the jig anymore. Hitachi says max number of sharpenings is 3 in their manual for the jig. Download the PS 20B manual for detailed instructions. Hope this helps - Pete

Thanks Pete. I don’t think the blades have ever been sharpened. I took them out and cleaned up the barrel. The blades were ugly. I have a planer blade sharpening jig, but it was only for blades up to 3", so I couldn’t use it. I cleaned them a little and did a single sanding with 220, but didn’t go pass that yet. I’m waiting to order a new jig for the Hitachi blades and new blades, but I want to make sure I don’t buy blades that won’t work. I checked a Hitachi parts list and it said the blades are not available, but there are sites that sell Hitachi brand blades.
Once I get it all dialed in and setup right I can return it to my brother, but he doesn’t shape much these days anyway. Heck, I don’t shape much myself either.
I have your Bosche mod, so I’m itching to try it.