O'Neill’s surf design logo ? old pin tail

Anyone ever seen this logo?? Thinking maybe from San Francisco ( sf shop closed in 1966 and then moved to  Santa Cruz ) not sure if design was out then tho

Anyways made her rideable again 

My buddy gave me this old stick with a bunch of dings. Patched up and gloss coated.reinforced fin with some xtra rope and cloth.not much added weight.

Lord , forgive me of my sins if I went against the grain with the leash plug:) dudes charging OB SF

TT

Beautiful board and restoration.  Although the SF shop closed in 1966, O’Neill was headquartered in Santa Cruz long before that. As a 16 year-old in '61, I bought my first board off the rack at the 41st Ave. location (next door to the current location). However, the board posted looks more like mid-70s. I am guessing the logo dates from that time frame. I’ve not seen it before, but someone else may recognize it.

Thanks for the insight! stoking out on restoring and recycling some local history :slight_smile:

Could have been an old lam they found and used it. Early 70s board, no question. Fin box, or not?

A plug is no big deal in a board like this. It was probably made right around the time plugs became a thing.

thanks Sammy for chiming in

Here is an O’Neill from the same time frame, shaped by Tom Overlin. The logo is not the same, but pretty similar:

https://shredsledz.net/2017/08/oneill-surfboard-tom-overlin/

That article mentions my old friend, Sid Abruzzi. Sid was an Overlin dealer for many years and has quite the stash of Overlins. I got a custom shaped Overlin through Sid in 1974.