OP Board Airbrusher

I sure do love picking up old boards. I snatched this board up the other day and it’s going to be a project in the future, and it is rough. Here’s what I do know from searching here:
OP whipped these boards out quickly and cheaply, because they were used as store props.
There were multiple artists that contributed to the airbrush on these boards. Possible artists include: Jack Meyers, Bill Stewart, Rick Karrin, Jeff Alexander, Paul Caster, Tom Inouye and swaylocks member atomized.
I contacted atomized but haven’t heard back from him.
I am going to repair it as best as I can. If there is any chance the artist is Jack Meyers it will probably be going to a family member of Jack’s (whom also bought my Redman Unity board).
I’ve been in contact with this family member, he and I both feel it’s either Bill Stewart’s work or Jack’s. Any and all info about the brand, shaper, or the board itself is appreciated. Now for some pics.

Hey Monkstar,
I just saw that you tried to PM. I used to get an email alert went someone PM’ed me from this site - I guess not any more since the recent Sways sites update.
In the mid to late 70s, OP had then popular surf mural wave painting, dolphins, fish, sunsets, palm trees genre art on their POP display boards. As that style went out of fashion in the early 80’s, they switched to a more hard edge graphic style that was popular at the time. That was when I worked on their boards. I did them until the mid 80’s.
Initially OP wanted the airbrusher sign the art. I know Jack Myers and Bill Stewart did. I never did. I used a rice paper laminate on a few of the ones I did initially. I don’t think Paul Caster and Tom Inouye signed theirs either. I got hired at Channin around the time they left. I can’t remember seeing a signature on the OP boards they did. Channin had the contract to build the OPs then. Jeff Alexander might have signed some when he was at Chainnin. He had left for Hawaii and got a job painting at Town& Country. Paul Caster & Tom Inouye had replaced him.
Honestly, that’s a really crappy painting. The white hi-lighting over everything is god awful. The boards Iv’e seen that Bill, Jack and Jeff painted in that style where way, way, way better than that.
So to answer your question: I don’t know who painted it. I figure the board was built any time from around 1978 to 1982. Like your board, back then they had resin opaque bottom & rails and the art painted on the deck foam. All where single fins. The boards that Paul, Tom and I and some of the later ones that Jack did where painted on the deck to the tucked bottom edge with a clear bottom. The last ones I did in the mid 80s had multiple fins. Here’s one I did that I found on some guys Instagram.

Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for the detailed information. I agree the board looks rough but for only $20 and a rainbow single fin thrown in, I couldn’t let it go to the dump. I found another OP board that looks more along your style. I don’t and won’t own this one but I figured I’d post it anyway.

I painted that one. Looks like the fluorescent pink to yellow background has faded a lot.
Most likely Rick Hamon shaped it.

I got this one out of my storage unit the other day.  I bought it about 30 years ago at a locat sporting goods store.  I was going to sell it online but I got a message saying I better look into it more before I see it too low.  Anyways I know nothing about these boards so any information would be helpful.  Thanks guys.  

[[{“fid”:“111361”,“view_mode”:“default”,“fields”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false},“type”:“media”,“field_deltas”:{“1”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false}},“link_text”:null,“attributes”:{“class”:“media-element file-default”,“data-delta”:“1”}}]][[{“fid”:“111362”,“view_mode”:“default”,“fields”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false},“type”:“media”,“field_deltas”:{“2”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false}},“link_text”:null,“attributes”:{“class”:“media-element file-default”,“data-delta”:“2”}}]][[{“fid”:“111363”,“view_mode”:“default”,“fields”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false},“type”:“media”,“field_deltas”:{“3”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false}},“link_text”:null,“attributes”:{“class”:“media-element file-default”,“data-delta”:“3”}}]][[{“fid”:“111364”,“view_mode”:“default”,“fields”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false},“type”:“media”,“field_deltas”:{“4”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false}},“link_text”:null,“attributes”:{“class”:“media-element file-default”,“data-delta”:“4”}}]]

I knew Jack Myers pretty well back in the 1970s He was always a very Talented Artist. He moved from NJ to a Santa Barbara. Did a lot of work up there . He built a very good reputation for his airbrush work . Did a number of those OP Boards. All with diffrent Art Work. Not sure who shaped them or glassed them.  Jim Jenks the founder of OP started his career with Hanson Surfboards in Cardiff/ Encinitas . They could have built the Boards at Hanson’s Factory. As I said I’m not sure who built the Boards. 

Jack inherited a Heart defect from his Father. Hid dad was a Pitcher for the Phillidelphia Phillys … He died very young as I recall about 45.Jack lived longer but still did not make Past 60.  

That board could be very Collectable. Not sure what some one would Pay but it would be a nice add to those collecting 1970s era Boards.

rest in peace Jackie . You were a were so much fun to be around full of energy and life. 

Those OP boards were 70s era??? Dang, I always thought they were from the 80s.