Open Ocean Downwind SUP Board

I was supposed to post this awhile ago but I thought I’d get some runs in so I could have a better idea how it works… I went on a few windy downwind days and it works unreal! Very stable and catches the bumps well… Turns decent considering its so huge. I can’t even begin to explain how cool it is to be cruising along a mile out to sea riding those open ocean swells… I’m hooked… Oh yeah, this will get you in great shape too. Its a heavy duty workout… Half way thru a 8 mile run I was thinking holy smokes… I was hurting!!! Very addicting… IMO I would have to say it is way funner than a One-man Canoe…

Shaped by Mark Jackola with Carbon Fiber/Vacuum Bagged/Epoxy etc… General dimensions are 13’ x 29"x 6"…

My new bottom paint…

From the other week.

These help a lot, Thanks

windsurfing conciousness point of departure

obvious by the simalarity to the vintage

w-standard tail bottom contour.

simply delightful to see such fine gelcoat.

and polish!

congradulations on newbaby/girlfriend.

…ambrose…

• 8 mile

enduro

Aloha Carve Nalu:

Nice boards. I like the stripes on that one board. Is that board yours also? Where do you buy those deck pads from? I ordered a 12’3" x 30" x 5" from Charlie Price. I also have another 12’ x 28" x 4.5" EPS blanks to make another one also. Perhaps this summer my boards should be completed.

mahalo,

D

Quote:

Aloha Carve Nalu:

Nice boards. I like the stripes on that one board. Is that board yours also? Where do you buy those deck pads from? I ordered a 12’3" x 30" x 5" from Charlie Price. I also have another 12’ x 28" x 4.5" EPS blanks to make another one also. Perhaps this summer my boards should be completed.

mahalo,

D

The Zebra Striped top one is my friends… Deck pads come from www.hydroturf.com I order right over the phone and its here in a few days… They have all kinds of patterns and colors…

Is your 12’-3" CP gonna be done and ready to surf or a blank? I’d like to order a few blanks from him if he would be OK with it… I’d like to start shaping my own again … Is there a way I could get a hold of him? Thanks Uncle!

Carve:

Charlie will have it shaped and will do the balsa skins. I will do the glassing. I’ll PM you his contact info. I saw Eono Varde and mentioned I met you. He remembers you well with some positive comments.

Thanks for the deck patch info.

D

Aloha CarveNalu:

Mahalo for teaching us how to paddle the SUP surfboards, sharing your wonderful toys, feeding us and giving us your time. I think we all had a great time and really enjoyed your company. You are a wonderful ambassador to the sport of SUP and have inspired me and all the others you taught today. Noe and I really had a blast today. I look forward to showing you our SUP toys when we build them.

Thanks again,

D

can’t accuse you of not having fun.