OT- How many pairs of flip flops do you have?

my brother is a serious crocs addict and i’m not far behind

i have a bunch of slippers, Scotts are the best slipahs in Hawaii but I have some high end Kicks Sig Zane’s, as well as costco and walmart cheapos onbut I like my crocs they are good for lawnmow weedwacking as well as shaping and glassing. Slippah’s are good for the beach, easy to wash off but any where else they have problems. I recently gave in to birkemstocks to see what the craze was all about and they are nice especially the new rubber ones. 

I also gave in and bought a set of yard man black rubber boots that go past your shins. I think every home owner needs a set.

all in all I like my Teva closed toe sandals over slippers my toes are a mess.

my feet are whimpy these days too much shoe time

Just start buying these boots Greg. Your wife will never complain about flip flops again

What tha…?

Two and a half. Dog carried off one and I’m sure I’m going to find it some  day.

One pair Rainbows. One pair of SF Giants rubber the kids bought me a few years ago. 17-18 years old. Well worn and comfortable. I admit I don’t wear them much anymore. Plantar fasciatis off and on. Live on a hillside. Kind of cold in the winter here. Kind of cold in the summer here at the beach. Plus the occasional rattlesnake in the spring, summer fall in the yard. Wear work boot most of the time. Mike

I’ve lost count. I live and work in Rainbows and more recently OOfos also. Unless it’s REALLY cold. 

For several years a SHACC membership came with a pair of Rainbows and I’ve also done some big tuna butchering over the years for Sparky which earned me several pair.

Unlike McDing I’ve been a Rainbow wearer since the 70’s and in all that time I had one pair start to come apart which they repaired at no charge and included a discount for the next pair; which you can also get if you turn in your old ones before they are too far gone…

Who here has used a flip flop as a hand plane while body surfing?

Many times. 

Quite possibly all they are good for. Haha

Front door with the everyday slippahs. Back door get the yard work slippahs. Inside get the going out slippahs.

Wish I could say different about Rainbow, but under the circumstance I can’t do it.  Would never buy another pair and will always voice my experience with them when I hear someone considering them.  I have had two really good pair of Reef over the years since and still wearing a pair.  Also a pair of Walmart Rainbow look alike that have worn well.  Yeah the cheap $2 ABC store and Flojoes are always a multiple pair fall back on slipah.  The newer brand Olua??  Look well made and are getting good reveiws.  Probably try those next.  Too bad they don’t make “Beachcomber Bills anymore.  Also too bad Pat Farley gave up making his “Seal” flip flops. Farley said he learned how to make them while he was in Nam.  Both brands featured a continuous one piece strap.  Never broke.