OT- How many pairs of flip flops do you have?

My wife questions my stable of flip flops. I need some data points from y’all. 

All the best

Four pair.

None … the day you see me in a pair of flops put me out to pasture. It’s game over. 

Are you trying to tell me something?

Haha Bill! - it’s a weird thing, they seem perfectly fine on other people but the few times I’ve put them on I can’t get past how stupid I feel I look in them. 

Three pair.  I have small feet so when I fine any kind of footwear in my size I tend to buy them.

Just one pair of rainbows that I plan on wearing until they look like the ones in the ads I remember seeing as a kid! I always thought that was so cool they lasted that long. I think I’m going on probably 15 years on my current pair 

In Hawaii, all we wear is flip flops. I have my beach pair, my yard work/board work pair, my going out pair in brown and black. We also have a new backups in a box in the closet.

You can never have too many.

Rubbah slippah!!!

Six, maybe? One pair kept in both of my vehicles. Plus maybe two pair that are almost shot and two new pairs of Rainbows I got this Summer. Might just get two more, as Rainbow seems to size them small. I ordered men’s large and when the package showed up the bags said men L but tags on the sandals said women L. Too small. No like.

2 pairs Teva – less than 5 years old

2 pairs Teva – over 15 years old, loyal friends (bottom separation getting bad on one pair)

1 pair Reef – bought in Haleiwa surf shop 14 years ago, still going strong for hotel stays on the road

3 pairs Teva sandals – less than 5 years old, Original Universals (eva/rubber soles, nylon straps) for use with wool socks in winter, my daughter calls them my Jesus sandals

Three pair Havianas on rotation. My favourite is two half pairs - a blue and a purple (I have a matching broken set). Spring is here, into flip flops until the rains come again.

Sammy we get the old kine rubba ones, and we get the new fancy thick and soft “brand name” kine like Scotts Hawaii, Flojos, etc. I get leather kine for going out to formal occasions. But, the dollar store rubba slippahs are the one I go beach in. If someone takes them, I don’t get too upset, unless the ground is fricken hot.

One good pair

One old pair in the car

One around the house pair

One pair for house guests who didnt bring their own

One pair at my parents house

5 total

Contrary to the hype;  Rainbow Sandals flat SUCK!  I bought three pair for the first time about ten years ago.  Two nice dressy pair and and everyday pair.  One of the dressy pair was for my daughter.  The everyday pair blew out in less than six months.  The dressy pair cut the tops of my feet sooo bad that they bled.  The pair I gave to my daughter did the same.  I bought them at the “Factory Outlet” store in the Surf Ghetto San Clemente.  They must be making them in China.  Wish I had the opportunity to rag about it to Lopez at the Board Show. But I wasn’t going to stand in line to talk to a celebrity.  Those Journal adds are complete Bull Shit.

Yup, some of the expensive fancy ones are the worst. They break way too soon, or they give you blisters or just plain hurt. The cheap rubber slippers that cost less than $2 are the best. You wear them till they are trashed, then toss them.

One pair.

Rainbows.

The last pair lasted 10 years until I wore completely through the soles.

By FAR the most comfortable, longest lasting sandals I’ve ever owned.

They take a few (sometimes painful) weeks to break in.

After that, they are molded to my feet and feel SOOO GOOD!

Basically, I have had the exact opposite experience as McDing.

YMMV

2 1/2 pairs

Just don’t sharkbait about his croc addiction

This has been reassuring. I have about 8 pair. Work, beach, laminating, dressy, light weight travel, everyday, around the inside house slippers, breakfast,  lunch,  dinner, downtown, uptown, and drinking. Ok maybe 15 pairs. OK, maybe my wife has a point. OK, don’t judge me. 

BTW, my go to pair are Chacos. Tough, good arch and you can catch them on sale for 50% off if you look in the late summer. And Rainbows.  My light weight travel flips are Reefs.  The rest are a mishmash.  

All the best