OT: No Brains No Headaches Oxymoron

Drove by Rincon today. As you all know, it’s hopelessly polluted right now. The only people out were the contestants in the Rincon Clean Water Surf Contest!!! Water looked like Yoohoo. Unreal.

It sure must suck , living in turd burger land … .gif"]

.....it kinda puts a WHOLE new slant on "taking the drop " , don't it ?!

Evidently, So Cal still holds the honor as being the most polluted ocean in the world.

Heal the Ocean won first prize, receiving $3250 to spend on lawyer fees for the continuing struggle against water pollution at the celebrated Ventura County beach. Two young women from La Conchita each received $1750 toward their education. The Santa Barbara Scholarship Federation received $1000, while Surfaid International also got $1000. And the city of Carpinteria’s youth ocean program received $500.

They’re still mentally-challanged for going out in that polluted water. They also don’t prove themselves as role models. If they wanted to REALLY show the world how bad the water is (was), they should’ve cancelled the contest and held a press conference.

Any surfer going out into that crap, should have their head examined. Of course, it proves my theory that roughly 50% of all surfers have rocks in their heads to begin with. Any normal person would’ve read the posted signs and got the hell away. What’s wrong with these idiots? Rincon during rainy months is as bad as Imperial Beach.

Only 50 percent? How disappointing.

If you only have 50 % to start with, you aren’t going to lose that much ! How was the surf ?

Sounds great boys… a real challenge for your immune systems…

What is it with the world’s richest, most technically advanced nation…why is it that you like s****ting on your own doorstep?

I have a masters degree and prescribe medicine in an urgent care for a living. I night surfed rincon by moon light the day after it rained. Scored perfect over head waves, one after the next, way less risk than being out in the day time with the zoo. I surf the Santa Clara river mouth too (10x more polution than Rincon). I have never been sick from it, I’m not stupid, California is no sess pool. If your getting chemotherapy or have AIDS then you better stay out because you have no immune system. Muddy colored water and even “raw sewage” is not something flushed out of a toilet, it is run off that has not bben treated in a treatment plant. I’d surf in run off after a storm way before being in water coming out of a treatment plant during summer. But hey, by all means, stay out of the water, I’d be happy to take a few extra waves.

Quote:

I have a masters degree and prescribe medicine in an urgent care for a living. I night surfed rincon by moon light the day after it rained. Scored perfect over head waves, one after the next, way less risk than being out in the day time with the zoo. I surf the Santa Clara river mouth too (10x more polution than Rincon). I have never been sick from it, I’m not stupid, California is no sess pool. If your getting chemotherapy or have AIDS then you better stay out because you have no immune system. Muddy colored water and even “raw sewage” is not something flushed out of a toilet, it is run off that has not bben treated in a treatment plant. I’d surf in run off after a storm way before being in water coming out of a treatment plant during summer. But hey, by all means, stay out of the water, I’d be happy to take a few extra waves.

One of the idiots in the 50%.

Life is a series of calculated risks.  Some people live in fear, take no risks, never get hurt/sick.....have little fun.  Risk takers come out on top as far as the enjoyment of life to life expectancy ratio goes, in my opinion.   

Hey 220grit, sorry about your AIDS condition, the new antiretrovirals may get you back in the water though.  You shouldn't have been taking the calculated risk of banging ass, raw dog style.

Come on now. None of this is going anywhere.

Edit: Sorry, Keith. You’re right. My apologies for dropping my contribution to the level of the other posts.

Sorry, call me an idiot and I react. Call us retards and I agree.

Howzit KeepOn, Dirty muddy river mouths attract Sharks. After big rains on Kauai people tend to think twice before paddling out, since they know Grandpa Tiger in lurking in the area. Aloha,Kokua

Kokua, I’ve heard of that before. I don’t know why but people just don’t seem to get hit by sharks on the Santa Barbara coast. Rincon has tons of people(food) floating every day and there is a big seal rookery just a couple mile up the coast. The perfect set up for great white action but I have never heard of an attack (that’s what I tell myself while night surfing when the jaws theme song starts going through my head). There has been fatalities at the islands 25 miles off shore. Kayakers taken to the South, recently a swimmer taken to the North in Avillla but not in this area. Spear fishing is what worries me but damn I love sea food. You want to talk stupid, I have a couple of friends that go Thresher shark fishing off their long boards, chum, the whole deal, that’s too much for me.

OK Benny, I’m sure you don’t mean to be insulting the mentally challenged, but you just did, even if you’re just quoting someone else. My son competes in the Special Olympics and it means a LOT to him, as it does to all the other participants. They don’t care so much if they win, either, they just like to be there.

PS None of them like to be referred to as retards.

Quote:

Kokua, I’ve heard of that before. I don’t know why but people just don’t seem to get hit by sharks on the Santa Barbara coast. Rincon has tons of people(food) floating every day and there is a big seal rookery just a couple mile up the coast. The perfect set up for great white action but I have never heard of an attack (that’s what I tell myself while night surfing when the jaws theme song starts going through my head). There has been fatalities at the islands 25 miles off shore. Kayakers taken to the South, recently a swimmer taken to the North in Avillla but not in this area. Spear fishing is what worries me but damn I love sea food. You want to talk stupid, I have a couple of friends that go Thresher shark fishing off their long boards, chum, the whole deal, that’s too much for me.

GW’s love sea lions and have plenty to eat there. But where’s there’s no islands, there’s a bunch of attacks:

http://www.calacademy.org/research/aquatic/sharks.html

But most surfers in Cali don’t care as they will take their chances no matter what. They also surf in brown goo right after rains. These dunder-heads don’t know how to use healthebay.org, I guess. Look at what happen in last weekends’ Rincon Clean Water Classic - they all surfed in horribly polluted water. No brains, no headaches.

Actually you usually are surfing in faecal matter after it rains. All storm systems and waste systems are to be treated before they are dumped into the water. However during heavy rains these treatment plants cannot keep up and use whats called the Bypass sytems which ultimatly dumps the raw untreated overflow of both or sometimes the combined sytems directly into the water. There is a reason that one of the main indicators when testing water quality is the faecal coliform count. It is often there. That being said it isn’t the faecal matter that is the biggest of your worries. During heavy rains a major amount of nasty chemicals get washed off the streets and driveways and get dumped straight into the lineup. nothing liking swimming in oil and antifreeze. This happens around the world; so don’t believe that your break is perfectly clean just because you don’t live in SoCal.

I got an “error processing your request” when I checked the calacademy site. Has anybody who participated in the Clean Water Classic been sick? Yeah, there are shark attacks and us dunderheads will go out anyway. Seriously 220 grit, is there anywhere in S. Cal you would not surf because of shark risk? Or central CA for that matter?

Mr. Melville, guess I’m guilty of the R word too, no offense meant.

We are not generally of interest to sharks. Correct me if I am wrong here, but attacks are usually cases of mistaken identity, and the attack usually consists of a “test” bite by the shark to determine if what it is biting is really what it likes for food, thus the single bite phenomenon seems to be predominant.

And I can’t count the number of times I have had a combination surf session mudbath surfing near a river mouth. I try not to think about the pathogens that are surely out there. Haven’t died yet. Although, I know a couple of people who have complained of some skin irritation on occasion. Fresh water shower after surfing is routine.