Paddle Fin

Can anyone tell me exactly what this is? And where I might be able to get one?

Can anyone tell me exactly what this is? And where I might be able to get > one? True Ames makes them but I don’t seem them updated on the site yet. They’re kinda like the old Greenough Stage 6. You’ll have to contact True Ames below: http://www.trueames.com

Tim I have 4 or 5 of these fins George was using these in his windsurfers and some guys started to use them on longboards.The 9’’ and 9.5’’ work good on Yater spoon trimmers.The smaller 8’’ works on 2+1 set up on more progressive boards.They give good drive off the bottom and go fast,also noseride well.Chuck Aims has them as stage 6.They dont flex at the tip more at the base.Aloha Kirk

Can anyone tell me exactly what this is? And where I might be able to get > one? I’m making an 8.5" one right now. I can send you a photo of one in an attachment if you like. just email me at Mahalo, Rich

Can anyone tell me exactly what this is? And where I might be able to get > one? – Tim: Contact Bob Duncan at Wilderness Surfboards: "Original home of George Greenough Designs Wilderness Surfboards founded in Santa Barbara, in 1966, by George Greenough and Michael Cundith, simultaneously started in Angourie, Australia, was at the forefront of the shortboard revolution creating the most innovative single-fin concept-the Wilderness Stubbie. Joining Wilderness in the late 1960’s was Richie West, Dan Hazard, and present day owner and designer shaper, Bob Duncan. Wilderness has operated at its present location at 317 South Alisos St. in Santa Barbara since 1970. After trips to Hawaii in the 1970’s, and constant trips to Mainland Mexico and Baja, longer, faster board designs evolved, improving upon he basic Greenough designs in board and fin, flex and foils integrating the completely original Greenough bottoms. Our custom fin design, flex and foil is now produced by True Ames evolving into the fin for the new century- the PADDLE FIN. A Constant evolution since the '60’s of Greenough foil and flex technology. Custom glasswork is performed by Bob Haakinson also located in Santa Barbara California. We continue to improve on our mid-range and longboard shapes, California’s original short board- The Greenough/Wilderness Stubbie, still available in single and three fins, and elusive custom kneeboards. Custom orders and stock boards available at the Beach House in Santa Barbara, the A-Frame Shop located at 3785 Santa Claus Lane in Carpinteria at 805.684.8803, ask for Sam or Rob, or by calling Wilderness Surfboards directly at 805.962.9518. Email Bob Duncan at (wilderness7@mindspring.com), and visit the Wilderness Surfboards website at (http://www.wildernesssurfboards.com/). Dale