Paint over resin from fins install

I put my fin boxes in with resin and now I decided to repaint the bottom of the board.

Anything I need to know?. Just ruff up the resin with 80 grit and airbrush away?

repaint or regloss?

If reglossing then 80 grits fine. If your painting, take it to 220 grit, paint, then gloss/ polish.

-Jay

Basically I was going to repaint the bottom, but I forgot and put the finboxes in forgetting about the resin. So now I have a blotchy bottom with the boxes resined in. Do I paint the bottom going right over the resin around the finboxes, or should I just add tint to the lam coat when I put down my glass?

Howzit latelifer, If you would’ve taped off around the holes before installing the boxes there would not be any resin on the foam to deal with. Aloha,Kokua

I know, first board so now I have to deal with it.

Question is do I just tint the lam coat, or ruff up the resin and spray the board before I lam?

Latelifer, The paint on the resin might come out looking a little different then the paint on the foam. If you've got a piece of scrap foam do a test.Better to be safe than sorry. Aloha,Kokua

Tint won’t penetrate the foam where the resin is. Painting would probably be your best bet as the tint would be less even… of course you could do a swirl…

not really on topic, but would anyone know if it is possible to paint over PU fins and if so the best way to go about it?? this from a man stuck with a lot of red fins

So are you saying you have a blank that was painted, hotcoated and then the fins were installed?    Or;     Are you saying you have a painted blank that the fin system was installed on before glassing.   I have painted a sanded hotcoat and glossed over the paint many times.  Easily done if simple steps are followed.

NO I AM SAYING I HAVE 230 FINS, SIDE BITES AND CENTERS, (FCS) THAT WERE DONE IN RED INSTEAD OF BLACK AND WAS WONDERING IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO ALTER THE COLOR POST PRODUCTION?

I didn't see your name at the top of my post.  Which would mean I was not replying to YOU!  And SHOUTING ISN'T LIKLY TO GET YOU A REPLY.  I will say this YOU CAN PAINT ANYTHING.  That doesn't necessarily mean that it will last or look like anything other than $#!T.

wow…well let me start by saying the caps were not intended as a shout…I got half way through my reply before I realized I had hit the caps tab and was too lazy to delete and start over. As for the fins I was simply looking for a possible solution that wouldn’t look like $#!T, but thanks for the reply any way