paints work with PU coating...

Hi, I used spray can to color my board and later cover with PU coating. I tried the PU coating on a small scarb, it did not melt the paint so I started to cover the whole board. A day after, the awesome came, the pu coating softed the paint. The coating I used is a slight solvent base PU, now I learn only epoxy could work with all kinds of paint. How about the pu? what kind of paint it works with? Thanks for your attention. Regards, Crabie

Hi,>>> I used spray can to color my board and later cover with PU coating. I > tried the PU coating on a small scarb, it did not melt the paint so I > started to cover the whole board. A day after, the awesome came, the pu > coating softed the paint.>>> The coating I used is a slight solvent base PU, now I learn only epoxy > could work with all kinds of paint. How about the pu? what kind of paint > it works with?>>> Thanks for your attention.>>> Regards, …Crabie,see if you can get auto/PU paint,that should do the trick. …A small compressor,8 gal.,and a touch-up gun for starts.Herb>>> Crabie

Thanks Herb, The one I m using is the auto/pu paint, slightly smelly. My board is a eps foam built and have to color it after hotcoating. The spray-can color finally soften by the pu. I gonna buy a airgun and compressor but still donno which paint I should choose to cover the board before adding a pu transparent paint. Regards, Crabie>>> …Crabie,see if you can get auto/PU paint,that should do the trick.>>> …A small compressor,8 gal.,and a touch-up gun for starts.Herb

Thanks Herb,>>> The one I m using is the auto/pu paint, slightly smelly. My board is a eps > foam built and have to color it after hotcoating. The spray-can color > finally soften by the pu. I gonna buy a airgun and compressor but still > donno which paint I should choose to cover the board before adding a pu > transparent paint.>>> Regards,>>> Crabie I use a pu coating for epoxy or poly, with the collorpigment mixed. Than adding clear pu paint. My paintdealer mix every collor i want.

Thanks Herb,>>> The one I m using is the auto/pu paint, slightly smelly. My board is a eps > foam built and have to color it after hotcoating. The spray-can color > finally soften by the pu. I gonna buy a airgun and compressor but still > donno which paint I should choose to cover the board before adding a pu > transparent paint.>>> Regards,>>> Crabie As stated before you should use water based acrylic paint ie: Liquatex,ceramcoat. Fiberglass Hi. carries paint so your materials supplier might also carry some. One word of advise, I’ve found that flourescent paint likes to fade fairly quick, so I add some opaque color fast paint to keep it from fading. Aloha Kokua

hey Herb, Its not so, I sprayed a hotcoated surface then covered with pu. Regards, Crabie