Patent.

Any of you shapers patent your surfboard logos and names??

Any of you shapers patent your surfboard logos and names?? you wouldn’t patent those – you would trademark them a patent requires innovation…something new, something useful and something non-obvious…it will also cost you between $10,000 and $15,000 to get, then another couple of hundred thousand over the lifetime of the patent (17years from date of filing) if you seek worldwide patent protection. it is kinda cool that billy hamilton has a patent on his floral rails, but it probably hasn’t been worth it.

you wouldn’t patent those – you would trademark them>>> a patent requires innovation…something new, something useful and > something non-obvious…it will also cost you between $10,000 and $15,000 > to get, then another couple of hundred thousand over the lifetime of the > patent (17years from date of filing) if you seek worldwide patent > protection.>>> it is kinda cool that billy hamilton has a patent on his floral rails, but > it probably hasn’t been worth it. I mean should I trademark the logo or name of my boards. What do most shapers do??