Paulownia blanks?

i recently got a 7’x18"x .75" blank from compiled of 5 or 6 3" board tounge and grooved. i have heard of alaia blanks made of 2 planks routered and glued. does anyone know if the flex or strength of the resulting alaia would be any better or worse than the 4-6 plank tng alaias?

from my experience - the less planks you use, the more flex you will get and there will be a slight reduction in strength but if a good marine grade glue is used then the joins should be stronger than the wood itself so strength won’t be an issue. We use blanks that are 2 or 3 planks laminated with tongue and groove and they are holding up really well with no breakage so far after a lot of use. hope that helps.

i just got done glueing some fingerjointed paulownai boards. i got mine a 16x11.5" ,cut the board in half then ripped the one piece in half. now i have 3 boards at . i wiil use the the ripped boards to use as the rails and the whole piece in the middle. hoping that it will flex better,then if i just cut the 16 and put the two sides together. i use gorrilla glue. and im hoping it will be enough,my board was also primmed which was a pain to sand down, but i will be epoxy to to coat,cuz peps have told me that the fingerjointed glue might not be water tight ,so im not taking any chances!! i`ll get some pics up soon.

i just got done glueing some fingerjointed paulownai boards. i got mine a 16x11.5" ,cut the board in half then ripped the one piece in half. now i have 3 boards at . i wiil use the the ripped boards to use as the rails and the whole piece in the middle. hoping that it will flex better,then if i just cut the 16 and put the two sides together. i use gorrilla glue. and im hoping it will be enough,my board was also primmed which was a pain to sand down, but i will be epoxy to to coat,cuz peps have told me that the fingerjointed glue might not be water tight ,so im not taking any chances!! i`ll get some pics up soon.