photos....the "Chipper Files " ....

well paul

your ladies must have blue skin eh ?

[they DO do things differently in the land of the long white cloud , i’ve heard!]

how you been , mate ?

good to hear from you

i’m still contemplating sending you the ‘mr.silly’ tie inlay fins …you interested , paul ?

do you use probox or fcs ?

cheers

ben

Unreal colors on the setting moon photos.

I think silly may be right....  Not that I've seen a lot.  Just the same one many times. Mike

PICT1226.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT0281-1.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT0797-1.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT0780.jpg picture by chippy61.

PICT0308.jpg picture by chippy61

here's a black and white , just for you , 'Oldy' [do you still come here , Nathe??] .....
PICT1078-3.jpg picture by chippy61 

I have ALWAYS been a fan of pre-dawn

PICT1068.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT1067.jpg picture by chippy61

and.... dawn patrols ...[two consecutive mornings , in case you are wondering!]

PICT0920-1.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT0924.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT0941-2.jpg picture by chippy61

...especially when THIS is what happened to my tent , with the thirty knot offshores at 4.30am !! [i have movie footage of this , it's moving like a jellyfish!!]

PICT0917.jpg picture by chippy61

I let rowan sleep , while i scored this for two hours heehee , when he awoke it was onshore , so he ended up goin' fishin' [and caught NUTHIN' , I  may add !]

PICT1233-2.jpg picture by chippy61

[ but , as they say , 'the early bird catches the ...."]

PICT0995.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT0942-2.jpg picture by chippy61

[sorry about the 'pixellated' nature of these shots , by the way ..."4x"  digital zoom on my camera in no-one compares to my 400mm lens on my [film camera ] Canon.....

....meanwhile , on land , THIS is what i had to do , to take the shots , in order not to get 'blown away' [ I since have goggles , to prevent the sanded-blasted eyeballs !]

PICT0947.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT0934.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT0952.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT1186-2.jpg picture by chippy61

later [rowan awakes?!]....

PICT1004.jpg picture by chippy61

more [semi] b+w's for 'Oldy' ...

PICT0996-1.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT0990.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT1164-1.jpg picture by chippy61

rednecks visit here ...

PICT1223-1.jpg picture by chippy61

cf: the bare essentials...

PICT1213.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT1097-1.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT1113-2.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT1229.jpg picture by chippy61

....night-time arrival [to allow for the pre-dawno !]...

PICT1059-1.jpg picture by chippy61

Double post...oops...

Hey Ben,

Looking at this thread again after ages...I say this:- You have a really good eyeman, a good eye for a moment and a well framed composition.

But I read along the way - "In memory of Pascals surfing days"...so what happened to him?

Josh

www.joshdowlingshape.com

gday chip. yep still drop in every once in a while. cheers mate!

[quote="$1"]

Hey Ben,

Looking at this thread again after ages...I say this:- You have a really good eyeman, a good eye for a moment and a well framed composition.

But I read along the way - "In memory of Pascals surfing days"...so what happened to him?

hiya josh !

he has two young kids ,

a wife ,

a full-time job , lives and works inland ,

sold his 4WD to buy a motorbike [and save money] and 'doesn't seem to get to the beach'

i spoke to him by phone yesterday , so it's interesting i saw this today

the good news is ...

he still has three boards and a surf mat

so there is still hope

he's a good bloke ...drug and alcohol free and healthy ....unlike poor old hicksy , i'm afraid ...i wonder how long HE will live , sometimes !

'oldy' ,

GREAT to hear from you mate ...

any new boards in the pipeline ?

been taking any photos lately ?

[ ....maybe we should start ANOTHER  photo thread 'share the stoke pt.2 ' , or something ?]

some of the luminous ones...

PICT2036.jpg picture by chippy61

here's a shot of the 6' fishy i mentioned in another thread ...[but , it goes MUCH better with four 'GS'  or 'M.R.TX'  template fins ...the rubbery ones they provide are such a DRAG [producer] !! ]...

PICT1256.jpg picture by chippy61

great thread - keeping up the stoke and stirring the creative juices.  an inspiration!

Hey Chip! I would have to agree about YOU being a good cameraman. Some very nice qualities to Your photos. You should definitely do more photography. Some of the photos have a nice eerie touch to them as well. The photos also make me want to visit oz again someday. I reckon it’s one of the top places in the world to live.

What is it that You add to the resin to get luminant panels. Powder? Paint? pretty cool

Keep up the stoke mate!

thanks for the compliments guys !

josh ['speedneedle'] , thanks ....my dad , when i was 16 , said the same thing , so for my birthday we 'splurged' , and , in 1977, i received my first 35mm film camera , a viewfinder 'Ricoh35ZF'

it wasn't an S.L.R. , [no interchangeable lenses] , but it DID help me get a better quality of image

I used it until 1981 , when i was fortunate enough to be given a PentaxSP1000 by a 92 year old lady in the boarding house i lived in [i also scored a 31 year old swiss girl , [or , i should say , SHE scored ME !!] .....but that's a whole 'nother story yeehaa]

Before that , i started out with 126 cartridge [remember THEM??]  instamatic and 110 cartridge instamatic cameras , and even [at age 9!] my dad's box brownie ... i just wish i still had those negs , prints , and a scanner ...it would be amazing to see what i photographed 40 years ago ?!!

re: 'glow in the dark' fin panels ?

erik , it's a powder you mix in with the resin , stir thoroughly before adding the catalyst .....

stronger mixes end up pretty GREEN coloured , lesser mixes a bit less so ....

cheers guys !

ben chipper

.....  whatever you do , always keep surfing !!!

Q :

how old is Jim Banks , I wonder ??

according to his logo , he's been shaping since 1971 ??

I always thought he was MY age , but he obviously must be OLDER [unless he's been in business making boards since he was 10 ??!!]

[ This is not HIM ,  by the way ....just a local guy with one of his boards that i bailed up ....]

PICT0312-1.jpg picture by chippy61 

PICT0311-1.jpg picture by chippy61

[ these shots were taken at the mctavish / meyerhoffer/ walden day at my local , last year ],

more ooopsy's

here is why you DON'T give boards to young kids and fathers that don't surf

having had this board for four years and kept it in mint condition [as i try to do with boards i build !] i was devastated to see THIS after it having been there for only a coupla months at their place .....

PICT0714.jpg picture by chippy61

..... the board looks like it had been hit by a bulldozer then left in the sun and rain for thirty years ??!!

this was the ' 5'5" x 19 1/4" "fish" i made , back in 2004 , i'm sure there is at least still ONE photo of it in prior condition , 'somewhere ' here on sways [from 'chipfish61' days , of course!]

ben

......   oh well ......live and learn , i guess ! [sometimes the hard way eh ?!] 

Ouch! we can fix that...... maybe?

After messing around to get this one to work…  I’d thought I’d throw it up again…