Pics of...

great thread Thomas bring the camera for a photo session…ambrose

Here’s pictures of mine. Greenhouse style. Ambrose Ill see if I cant pirate teh work camera for a day and get some pictures of your high tech setup down there in Waipouli.

here’s the shaping by i’m using while i’m up at school. also pictured is my current project (gift for dad when i graduate in 3 weeks). all done shaping, did the airbrush today (i’ll post pix when it’s all done).

This is my shed. It is a work in progress. Not yet fully lined, but it is warm and dry. Beats working outside battling the elements.platty

whats going on with that one board? the one with the two fins way up? they also look kinda parrallel to each other…maybe its just the camera angle but it looks like a really strange place to put fins?..so how does that thing ride?

here is what a friend and I used. we transformed a room at the college we used to attend into a shaping room. Not bad for 2 industrial design students from Ohio who caught the bug last summer interning in RI. we got the vids and started shaping. glassed them ourselves too. and they actually turned out pretty good. It’s all too fun.

-mike

Het Earl,

The board’s fin are the side bite futures on my wife’s just shaped 8’9".

The fin box ( Bahne/center) has yet to be installed ( Post glass / pre sand).

The fins have 1/4 tow in, they are parallel like most front fins are. just looks funky due to camera angle,lack of rear fin box/fin, viewer perspective. Standard Hi performance longboard fin placement. Some times staring at the computer screen too long can have a reverse beer goggle effect. ( Make beautiful things ugly) I know, I’m a victim! I’ll let you know how it surefs once I let it cure and sand it/gloss coat/surf it, besides the fact it is a lilac color!! Lilac was Wife’s call. she puts up w/ the foam dust & I deal w/ Aunt Flow!!! Good trade!

Take it easy

Respectfully,

Hey Soulstice

Great looking board . . tell me, what is that tight brown foam that you have on the tip of your shaping stand? I’ve seen it in other posts, too, but I’ve never seen anything like it in hardware stores. Thanks -

it’s a very technical piece of equipment…and VERY difficult to find. i believe they’re called “stockings”. honestly, i just got a pair of stockings, cut 'em in half, and stretched one leg over each end. it keeps all the foam padding tight and even over the stands. otherwise, i would’ve had to cover all the padding in tape to keep it secure, and that’d just be messy. :smiley:

Better late than never, I guess…I saw the this post was going again…

Here is a picture of my humble little shaping shed. It is made of plywood and sits on my carport. I put molding around the outside and painted it the same as the house. Made it a little less of an eyesore for my wife.

No fancy stretchable nylon here, just old foam and torn masking tape. Also, the racks look crooked in the picture, but they’re straight in real life.

Ben

Front porch/yard/shaping “bay”

I can only do concaves and rails in the evenings, not enough side-light contrast from the sun at midday.