Pinlines with pen?

After airbrushing a finished blank I want to apply a black pinline around the airbrush. Can i do this with a permanent ‘magic marker’ or must I use a Posca pen or similar? Any suggestions would be gratefully received. PS anyone know if I can use the router on a glassed board to install Future fins - I’ve tried putting them in prior to glassing and i cant get a great smooth finish when sanding - theres always an edge where the glass stops and the finbox starts. many thanks in advance. mike.

After airbrushing a finished blank I want to apply a black pinline around > the airbrush. Can i do this with a permanent ‘magic marker’ or must I use > a Posca pen or similar? Any suggestions would be gratefully received. PS > anyone know if I can use the router on a glassed board to install Future > fins - I’ve tried putting them in prior to glassing and i cant get a great > smooth finish when sanding - theres always an edge where the glass stops > and the finbox starts. many thanks in advance. mike. Permanent magic markers are alcohal based and will bleed. Use a posca or a zig pen or you can paint it on the blank. I like to paint them on, a pen will leave an indentation in the foam and the pin line won’t be a solid color. If you are glossing the board then put the pin line on the sanded finish before you gloss. Aloha, Kokua

After airbrushing a finished blank I want to apply a black pinline around > the airbrush. Can i do this with a permanent ‘magic marker’ or must I use > a Posca pen or similar? Any suggestions would be gratefully received. PS > anyone know if I can use the router on a glassed board to install Future > fins - I’ve tried putting them in prior to glassing and i cant get a great > smooth finish when sanding - theres always an edge where the glass stops > and the finbox starts. many thanks in advance. mike. Permanent magic markers are alcohal based and will bleed. Use a posca or a zig pen or you can paint it on the blank. I like to paint them on, a pen will leave an indentation in the foam and the pin line won’t be a solid color. If you are glossing the board then put the pin line on the sanded finish before you gloss. I don’t think you can install a future fin system after the board is glassed. Not real sure what you mean about a fiberglass edge. Do you mean from the reinforcement patch that goes over the fin plug. I’ve done futures before and never had problems.Aloha, Kokua