Planers with single blade

Hi guys,
I´m looking to buy a planer in Brazil, where most planers cames with a single blade. Makita´s, Bosch´s… The ones I´m looking for are Makita KP0810C and Bosch GHO 40-82 C.
A single blade planer works fine for surfboard blanks? I will face some problem?
Thanks,
Jair

It is not fun. You must go VERY SLOW, in order not to cause tearing of the foam. I’ve done it with my Bosch, just to prove to myself that I could. I would ONLY do short boards. Long boards will be too tedious, in my opinion. A single blade planer, still beats the hell out of no planer.

Definitely get yourself a planer with 2 blades. It’s worth the extra cost for the time and trouble a single blade planer causes on foam.

I can purchase a Hitachi one, but my problem is shipping to Brazil… if you guys have somebody coming this way that can bring one, please let me know :slight_smile:

I just learned that the Makita Kp0810 have two blades… I think this is the one…

Makita kits for KP 0810 will be available end of August. Had a number of delays with the parts, but I did show the prototype at the Boardroom show last May, so it’s real.
Problem is shipping to Brazil, everything I’ve ever sent there never gets to the buyer. Seems like Brazil Customs holds stuff for ransom until you pay the appropriate “import licenses”. My regular customers from Brazil buy here when they visit and take stuff back as carry-on, or have a container that gets loaded in Florida.

Dude, jest put a bigger feasted motor so it hauls butt. The number keen due long beards

Guys,
I found this bad boy here in Brazil, Makita MKP084K.
750W, 18.000rpm, cut max 1/8
and two blades!
great handle position…
what you guys think?