plastic t-square

Good morning, in Australia I saw transparent plastic T-square with lines for measuring the degrees. I think they are used for rails. Can you help me for their use and technique? As I don’t remember what was their gradation, I’d like to know as more as possible. Thank you very much

Click on the link below. The 3rd one down is the shaper layout square. Is this what you are talking about? If so, this is used to make sure your measurements out from the stringer are even, so that your shaped blank comes out with some degree of symmetry. It could also be used to plot the points for your rail bands, again to ensure that they are symmetrical. I use a carpenter’s square like a L. If this is indeed what you are talking about, I am sure that someone out there has one and could give you additional information. Good luck. http://www.shapers.com.au/category12_1.htm

thanks mate I see the pic… but can u tell me what degrees are signed? and for what type of rails are used? thank you

Pleskunas Designs (408-761-8324 1061 Elkhorn Rd Watsonville, Ca 95076) makes a nice “zero center” layout square. Also has abrasive planer cutters, power rasps, rocker jigs and some great calipers. I tried to post a diagram in board section but the text on the original is pretty blurry.

I know…I usually use a square but u want know just the degrees are signed…46…39 …and their use…thanks>>> Pleskunas Designs (408-761-8324 1061 Elkhorn Rd Watsonville, Ca 95076) > makes a nice “zero center” layout square. Also has abrasive > planer cutters, power rasps, rocker jigs and some great calipers. I tried > to post a diagram in board section but the text on the original is pretty > blurry.