Please help me design as nose rider

I know nothing about longboards, so please help!

The blank is 9’8 x 24"  what kind of rocker/ bottom for a noserider?  Do I care about template and widepoint much?  Where do I start?!?

I weigh 215 if that matters.

I promise lots of pictures when I get going.

Do you only want it to nose ride? 

Or more of an all around board that will nose ride? 

You using eps? 

Template and wide point will make a big difference

It’s a p.u. blank.  

It’s hard to say how I’ll be riding it, because all I know is shorboards.  I’m thinking it would  be for small days when a thruster won’t work.  

Also, what do i do about fins?

I already have a higher performance longboard that my dad left me.  So I don’t want to duplicate that.

As to what to make to personally ride, do you have anything to borrow and try out in conditions you are likely to longboard in?

I got a board I can perch on the nose on a slower peeling reef like wave for much of the wave and makes me feel like a king, but take it to a faster down the line beach break and the thing is a dog I want to swing over and over against the nearest immovable object until it is just splinters and spent fury.

My favorite longboard does not let me perch on the nose, I can get ten over, but only when everything lines up, and only briefly.  I can spend plenty of time within 18" of the nose and backpedal to the tail and throw unlongboard like buckets.

it is a 9’7" round pin, nose concave blends to a slight belly to a V a few inches in front of the fin.  23 wide, 3 inches thick  more downish rail in the tail but still soft rails. No edges.  Wide point, not really sure where somewhere near the middle, ha. little nose rocker, concave belnds very slowly to belly. Tail rocker kick begins about 2 feet from tail.  Been 16 summers since I built it and it is my favorite ever longboard in my 35+ years of riding traditional single fin longboards, and shortboards too. 

I weigh in the 215 Lb range too.

I think a board built solely as dedicated nose rider, compromises too much other handling.

If you’ve already got a HPLB, use its dimensions for volume only, in my opinion, and then look at mid to late 60’s board design and to find and design your own personal middle ground.  Don’t build a 9 foot+ shortboard you can run and stand on the nose upon. Nobody wants to have to see that skillless posturing.  In my opinion.

Study the Bing Nuuhiwa Noserider and the Weber Performer (circa ‘67).  Ride both in 4’ point break and feel the difference.

https://www.swaylocks.com/forums/dewey-weber-performer-10

FWIW the Weber Performer was the best selling surfboard of all time;

That is until the Costco POS.