Possible delamination

Hi. I did not know what to put on the title because i do not know what is happening. I used blue pigment for my board and everything came out fine. I surfed it for a week in Bali and realized some parts on the rail has turned white. There is no dent marks nor do i remember hitting anything. I think i did a pretty good job in wetting the rails before tucking in. Is this delam? I am not going to try and fix it because it is still water tight. Is it? But it just looks no so good.

Is there a bubble, has the glass separated from the foam? How many places like the picture? Poly foam or eps? Polyester or epoxy resin?

You said you went to Bali, so I assume the board went on a plane?
It might be a bruise sustained during transport.

That looks like ‘‘airplane rash’’, or a light impact rail bump, IMO.

I’d try hitting it with a bit of acetone. If it disappears, you have some sort of weave exposure… either from a bruise or maybe a sand through. If polyester resin was used try sanding back to the weave, hit it with some styrene followed by a quick bit of gloss resin. If epoxy, sand back and try some xylene before hitting with a coat of epoxy. With some careful wet/dry sanding that sort of thing can be made to disappear. If left exposed, it may cause a brown spot as water could get wicked in to the glass and foam. There may be easier and quicker ways to protect the board in a pinch - 5 minute epoxy, super glue, duct tape, etc.

You’d be surprised how surfing good waves will beat up your board. I seem to have new dings like that after every serious surf, and I don’t hit anything except myself. It can be from your hand or foot and you may not even realize it unless you hurt yourself. The turbulence of pushing under the wave can mask the impact of your knee, or other body part hitting the board. A failed airdrop can do the same. That looks more like a travel ding. Like the board was rubbing against something.

No bubble. The shape is intact so i cant tell if there is a seperation. 3 places and it’s eps foam with epoxy resin. 6oz on bottom and 2x6oz on top.

This was before I packed it for my flight back home.

I tried denatured alcohol but the white does not disappear.

I would not try acetone or styrene on that EPS board, either could melt the foam.

I am confident with waves up to head high. But the waves in Bali, somedays they were double overhead, it seemed. I did get thrown over the falls a couple of time. Maybe I hit it without even realizing.