Pressure dents

Last week I picked up my brand new board. After riding it for about a week I decided to strip the wax off of it. after doing this I discovered a lot of pressure dents more than I have on any of my other boards. I know they are going to happen but it just seemed like a lot for only a week of use so I contacted my shaper to see what he thought he told me that that is because of the blanks they use (US BLANKS) but what make sense is that all my other boards are made from us blanks so I’m wondering if it was a poor glass job does anyone know why this might be happening thanks.

could be a million things.
Different cloth matrix
different density of blank
soft foam/ second quality.

I could go on and on.

Post some pics.

Light glass job

Light foam (not manufacturer)

Lots of dents.

was it cut or shaped right? indexed properly…??? you cant answer those questions… but its an issue

just took these ill have to strip the wax later and see if i can get some better pictures

Double 4oz. Or 6&4 oz.??? US Blanks Blue density??? Or Red??? Surfers rarely strip the wax and check for pressure dents after a week of surfing. If ever. Dents are usually there hidden under the wax no matter what the blank, glass job or shaper. Having said that; I never Glass a board for anyone over 150 lbs with anything less than a six and four deck. Alot of guys do a double 4 oz. but one layer of the four is “S” cloth. I’m not a fan of US Blanks for the very reason you have expressed. I favor Millennium and Arctic. Marko EPS. I find both Arctic and Millennium to be harder and more consistent in density and quality. I doubt like hell it had anything to do with your shaper. Not trying to start a controversy just expressing an opinion and making suggestion as to cause and solution to your prob.

What size board?

Looks pretty big.

10’1

Should have been a double six on that one.

To me it looks like a big board with a (2)4oz glass job maybe 4 with a patch.

What’s the weight on it?

What kind of glass did you order?

Looks like some real heavy denting for a board that big not built in the 90s haha

Are you a big guy (250+) ?

not sure what weight it is but i had them glass it with a 2/3 deck patch also im 185 lb

How long cured after glassed??

Proper post cure time after glassing helps some. I usually ride mine asap , I had one board sit for a month before I took it out for the first time and almost no dents after a few sessions.6/6 oz

Ride it till the fins fall off