Pressure Dings/Small dents and Restorations

I’m working on a restoration and the plan is to ride the board once I’m finished. I’m sanding down the bottom and will be glassing a layer of 4oz to make it water tight. Of course all of the dings will be fixed before the glass goes on but I also have a few pressure dings that haven’t crushed any glass, they are simply small dents in the glass. Every board in the world has these and I usually don’t worry about them on my boards but since I’m going through the work of reglassing the entire bottom, I figured it would be nice to have a perfectly smooth bottom. If there’s no good solution, that’s fine, I’ll leave them be and ride the thing anyway. But, is there a way to fix/fill these up? Thanks in advance.

When I’m doing ding repairs and I want to fill the little dents and divots on the bottom, I rough sand them first. Then I cut a bunch of little patches of glass to fill them. I drip a little resin in the crater, and layer the glass patches as needed to fill them level. When dry, I sand flat and apply a final coat to hide the weave.

Perfect. Thanks!

Hi - Sometimes it takes a bit of a balancing act to position the board so various areas are level. I’ve yet to be able to fill all dents in one shot. It helps to level a given area, fill those spots, reposition board, fill dents, etc. I usually don’t bother adding glass but Huck has a point.