Probox in Australia. Thanks Lance

Howzit:

Just to let you know that Robin is going to be over here in Oz from the 20th April, for about 4 weeks…giving me some finer points on Fin manufacture and foiling…plus , he is going to be shaping a few boards…stoked…

So young foamhead…how are things hanging on the 'puter front???

Cheers!

Lance

Hey Bruuuuu !!

Puter front under control, allllll gooooooood

But more exciting........ I'm going to be out your way for a couple weeks in April .... yes April .......... ma boy !!!!

Were gunna catch up for the fin fest old mate ....... oh yeah there's a chance we could get thru a few beers and the the odd wave as well (lol)(lol)

Hope Robin takes his vitamins before his travels out here

W

PS Talk soon

Howzit Foamhead:

Good one mate…looking forward to catching up with you up this neck of the woods, for sure…how cool is that…

Shot Bru…

Hambela Yona…(go for it , in Zulu)

" FIN FEST " !!

YES !!!!!

...... NOW you're talking !!

We have had 'fish frys' and [Taj's] 'small fries' ,  so...

WHY NOT have a public 'fin fry' [ FIN TEST]  WEEKEND ???!!! ...

and WHY  don't the mags like The Surfers Journal , The Surfers Path ,  Australian Longboarding , and Surfing World publish / publicise this sort of stuff from time to time , I wonder ?

a movie would be good , too ...

of course , because I live 3000 miles away , I would have to send some [fins ] over for you guys , IF  it ever happened ????

cheers !

ben

...it's okay to dream a little , anyways ....

Howzit Chipper:

Great idea… “Board Fin Soup”…where are you based???..3000 miles, just a hop step 'n a jump sport…

No idea as to why mags don’t report more on satelite happenings…just recently Mark Pridmore had a Board testing day,here is a link for it…check it out…great day, great idea…good one Mark…

http://www.vimeo.com/21367087

What are your thoughts Foamhead???  

sure is okay to dream a little…

Cheers!

Lance

Hambela Yona

hi Lance !

I'm in Perth west oz.

cheers !

ben

Hey Lance .......

Funny how this has come but I could never work out why "none" main stream, surf wear, surf comp, WCT driven surf publications don't have section of the publications touching on fin fundamentals ...... you could have a fin column / fin talk section with guest fin makers and/or fin makers sharing the love

Potential for this ????   Yeah why not !!!! ...... Truth is I don't think anyone's thought about it

Chipster, I think the "Fin Fry" concept would kick for sure. Although it's success would come on the back of building enough momentum to peak people interest on the fact that there's more to fins than what comes out of "Chinese mass produced factory's"

Man get the average Joe buzzing and understanding cluster settings as well and it goes on and on ....

We don't have to go very far to get proof  of that ...l all we have to do is look at the amount of fin talk that goes on at Sway's and continues to build.

Anyway could go on about the poss's for ever and ever ...... man the fin fry could even have foiling and layering techniques, timber, glass, box's, fin setting etc etc etc

Regardzzzzzzzz

W

PS Lance ! We'll have to give Robin a taste of a good old Anzac Day get together ... two up and all (lol)

Hi crew,

Just wanna add, the service is still great …

I contacted Lance for the 1st time on Monday … we had a chat … I gave him an order via e-mail … he e-mailed back prices … I dropped $ into his account.

Tuesday morning he contacts me to say he’s on the way to post my order and checked where I wanted it sent …

All the gear arrived today, Thursday … express post delivery, for a postage and handling fee of $15 … can’t complain about that !

So, anyone thinking about the probox system here in oz … give 'ole “stinkfoot” a call and he’ll be more than happy to help.

You’re stoked Wingnut!

Thanks for the great feedback Wingnut2443…looking forward to seeing the boards mate…just drop us a line anytime…cheers !!!

Excellent news!  All me mates in Oz please install yuz a set a tha Probox in ya boards before hitting me up - yeah!  From a fin builder's POV this system is pure genius.... guess that's why Probox Larry invented them...  Cheers!

Thanks for the plug camplus…I am the distributor of ProBox here in Oz…Also, I’m in business with Robin Mair, who co-invented the ProBox system with Mitch Haynie, they in turn sold it to Larry, just thought that I’d clear that up. We are Hanalei Fin Systems…doing ProBox and our own design of Fins, once again Robin is the designer…we also do a huge range of fins mate, something totally out of the square…check them out on   www.hanaleifinsystems.com

Checked out your website…love your work …good job mate…!!!

Cheers !!!

Keep it fresh and wet !!!

Is Lance still selling Probox in Australia?

I have no luck finding Probox gear in Australia. I cannot even find a shop / distributor that has heard of them!
Can anyone point me in the right direction toward a Probox seller that will ship to Australia?

Hey MrMik
As a supply company in Aust it is hard trying to stock for everyone, we do stock Gearbox as well as the other “leading” systems but honestly apart from the big 2 no one apart from Gearbox has a following or are to hard to bring into or sell in OZ. We tried to stock surfinz boxes but the Aust distributor doesn’t even sell them anymore (was told they took their business to cobra and only is used by them these days). Powerbase is another one that is still going but only direct from the manufacturer, so probably it would be hitting up Probox directly or i noticed that the http://www.theshapingshack.com/categories/Surfboard-Fins/Probox-Fin-Systems/ had them still on their site so maybe try them.

Thank you , sanded, much appreciated.
I just tried to order a bunch of boxes and inserts, but the shipping is AU$129.51 minimum, more than double the cost of the parts. I have to think about that.