Probox in Australia. Thanks Lance

Hey Guys

Just want to let all the Aussies know how easy it is to get Probox fin systems in Australia.

Especially back yarders.

I looked on the Probox website and got the Australian contact details.

lance@hanaleifinsystems.com

Shot Lance a quick email and he replied the same day.

Told him what I wanted and organised payment.

Package arrived the next day.

Got a thruster promo pack for $90- au which included install jigs, router bit, set of boxes, set of fins, set of 0,4,6 and 8 degree inserts, allen key, clay and cut-outs so you dont get resin in ya boxes and a heap of sticker.

Got one on the car already.

I highly recommend you get in contact with Lance.

I even had a question and it was fowarded to Robin in Hawaii and replied back to me.

Fantastic service.

Very well done Larry, Lance and all the Probox people.

Cheers

I havent used the fins yet but I can say that Lance gives good service, quick replies and eager to help out....something that is rare in this industry these days unfortunately......

www.moresurfboards.com

WHERE is Lance based , Mick ?

cheers

ben

Port Macquarie area

Cheers

CHEERS Mick !

And foamhead is back now , too yeehaa

I second that

I had a run in with the reef and needed a replacement probox - 1 phone call to Lance and I had a new one in the mail 2 days later!

Robin is great to deal with too and an awesome shaper (of boards and fins) - well worth checking out the website below.

http://www.hanaleifinsystems.com.au/

G’day : Thanks heaps for all the good feedback, hoping to get on the road soon and get to meet you all in person and snatch a wave or two together…our website is now fully operational, Robin did an awesome job setting it all up…very talented boy ,that one…so, log  on and check it out…

Cheers!

Lance

I'll quintupplet Lances bonafides on service ..... (nearly as good as mine) lol lol

Hey Chipster, official handing over ceremony has been conducted, decree's signed and induction completed ....... Lance now da Probox man in Ozzzz

Chipster re your Indo Twinzer post.... I'll post when I'm back on line and can retreive sum pic's ... see below

Camron !!!!, would have taken more than a run in with the reef to hurt any Probox .... come on mate .. fesss up, you backed the car over it !!!

Welcome on Lance ..... bruuuuuuu ...... (he'll know what thats about)

W

PS Fried my computer two days ago, didn't realize it but half my lifes on it !!!! Just spent two days with computer type people trying to retreive data etc etc ..... man I need an interpreter to understand what their talking about ..... still no result, and I need to book my daughters computer to get on line ..... she's never of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

PSS always always always back up they reckon .... have to agree

Howzit foamhead,Did you fry the Hard drive,if not you should be ok but will possibly need to buy a new computer depending on the type of damage done. There are many ways to fry a computer that really doesn't hurt it but cahnces are you will have to format the hard drive and reinstall the operating system and start all over, hope you have been backing up your files and data. I try to back up at least once a month to a disc and I have an external HD to back up to. Aloha,Kokua

Kokua .... your starting to worry me, what language is this your speaking ????

I have it on good authourity my machine is dead, so fried it nearly self cremated (lol)

Apparently diagnostics showed Ram running at 83  degrees and not the 20 degrees their suppose too ... go figure !!!

So next option was data retreival service by ex fraud forensic type operators who set up business doing this sort of stuff ..... they can even retreive date from hard drives that people have attempted to burn ....... but entry level cost is only "$600.00" ..... yeah right !!!

New computer coming up ..... and a lesson in always back up ........ always always always back up !! .... lesson learnt

Take care old friend ... hope all is well now !!!

W

Hey there Foamsta…bummer about your 'puter cooking…could be a new format for a so called “reality” TV program or what…ouch…

Robin put me onto a great thing called Dropbox…sort of like a safety deposit box where they look after data for you…plus you can share it with some mate of yours and exchange huge amounts of stuff without having to email it all…plus you can store stuff in there, photo’s, whatever… and you can jump online on any  'puter no matter where you are in the world…password…and there is all your info just waiting for you…I think that up to 2gig storage is free…check it out Bru…later  :)

Hey Lance ......

Thats a good heads up, thanx for that Bru ;-)

You and Moonimick should be doing OK for waves the last few dayzzz, up your way ???

Talk soon mate

W

PS While I got ya.... say by the end of week ..... can you email me at home with your details again,(including mob number) so I can re-enter on personal contact list

PSS Thanx mate ....   

Wal i just spent 1800 bucks retrieving baby photos after my laptop shit itself. Wasn't cheap, but we got back the baby photos. I was happy to remember the kids as babies, but the missus, you know...... haha. I now have a 1terabyte ( ? ) external hard drive that we back up to now and then.

Beeeerieeeeeeeeee............ you crack me up mate !!!!!!

Missus would have s**t herself, you pat her on the back and tell her just remembering fine ....we,ll be right all good (lol (lol) (lol)

W

Howzit foamhead, I guess it is computer talk I have picked up over the years from having to deal with my computers breaking down on me and having to reinstall my operating system so many times, I know you are just joking me and I love it. I am no computer geek but have done a lot of hardware work on mine and just tried to help you. Sorry to hear yours is so fried and do you know what happened to it to do so much damage. My brothers computer was on when a lightning bolt struck the transormer closest to his house and it fried his computer but he was still under warranty and they fixed it for free. If you want to save a little money look into a refurbished one since they have been totally gone through and checked for any problems. My nephew has me looking for a refurbished laptop these days for him. Trying to keep it to straight english,ha,ha. Aloha,Kokua

Get waves this week MDS and Beery?  It has been rediculous, I need to have a rest…too much surfing going on.  I was down the gong yesterday, got a few at a break which has a pub on the ‘headland’ then Stanwell for the late wednesday, I didn’t think I was going to get out the back at Stanwell, grinding lefts going down the beach.  Best week of the year for sure so far…gota love Autumn!!  I heard Sandon was heavy tuesday arvo in the east swell.

Hey Kokua .......

I in no way was implying you were a geek ....... to me anyone that did back ups was tech advanced (lol)

I'm always up for adlibing a bit of Ozzziee gag time' (as Lance can atest too, although he aint shabby on the come backs either)

Anyway' scored another laptop at the right bucks and my son inlaw going to do a bit of scratching about on the fried hard drive to see if he salvage anything to transfer over to the new one ........... and I have a external drive for back up's now

All good ..... take care old mate

W  

I stopped in after night shift yesterday morning. Wasn't huge but solid. I watched a fellow dawn patroller try to get out, and i dogged it haha. This morning was still some good 3' punchy hollow waves. If the offshore wind wasn't so strong, this morning would have been the best surf i've had for ages. Still had heaps of fun, but the wind was so strong it was keeping me up in the lip a bit too long. If i wasn't so tired from night shift i'd still be there!. The banks are looking good too.

Unfortunately, I have been up to my kneck in work. Have have a few issue and have been doing 14 hr day to try and get on top of them.

I drive past on my travels and have seen some nice waves but, people are relying on me.

With my job I can usually come and go as I please but not when there are problems.

With my luck, it will all be gone before I get a chance to go out.

Sucks!!!

Cheers

Howzit foamhead, I know you were just joking and that was why I said so in my reply to you. Actually I only started doing back ups a couple of years ago after losing way to much info plus lots of stuff I had saved from Swaylocks. Ialso had lots of art work from designing lams for guys and to lose them meant having to spend hours redoing the artwork so it was what the guys ahd before. I may be a liitle geekish but that is due to dealing with computer techs somuch through the years and hopefully retaining some of what they have done to fix my computerI know we have members that are more computer literate than I just by looking at how the pictures next to their user names move and things like that. I wish I did knw more about computers but that is not going to happen and I spend less time on mine than ever before and I spend the most of my computer time here on Swaylocks jsut trying to help my brothers. Glad to hear you got another one and if you know of anyplace that sells laptops fairly cheap I am looking for one for my nephew. Aloha,Kokua