ProBox on the Move - ProBox / Larry

I wanted to take the time to show the retro process that Joe Hendig /HendigRepair.com did for my good friend Randy Rarick on his personal board, which is a Surftech. Randy has been using ProBox in his Polyester Boards lately. You can see the process that Joe takes to ensure a perfect balance in having this board work at it’s peak performance.

More stages to Randy’s board.

Then Joe Hendig’s finish work, pretty insane job.

Here is Randy’s board ready to go. Randy calls this 7’6" board the Versatile. With ProBoxes, this board is now called the Versatile Versa-Plane. Hope you enjoy the pics from Joe Hendig. Mahalo

Here’s a Boardworks Fish, Twinzer and Quad Combo that Joe Hendig did a few months back that Phillip Rainey and the crew have been riding hard.

Here’s a Polyester JC with special digital floral printed ProBox fins. These fins have the look of floral without the added weight of cloth soaked with resin.

Here is a Channel Island Pod I retro fitted for Travis at Channel Island from a Thruster to a Pod Versa-Plane. The Quad set-up is a ProBox stock production fin and the Thruster set-up is a 4-3/4 C.I. style ProBox production fin. Channel Island and JC Hawaii do take ProBox board orders.

Here’s a cool Quad Shaped by John Belik and insane glass job by David Got on Maui. For those who don’t know John, he’s also a insane windsurfer.

Here is a JC Versa-Plane. This board is the personal board of Jay the Factory manager at the JC factory in Calif.

I checked the link HendigRepiar.com. Yeah ,that’s the guy I’ve heard about. Quality work. Oceanside California.

The Bing Versa-Plane shaped by Matt Calvanti that just hit the market. Look for the full page ad in Transworld Surf Mag. New Issue, the Americans are coming is the title on the cover.

Is there anyone who sells Probox in Australia?

Hi Larry…Nice shots. Looks like you have been busy.

Hi Cutterfish, I do have someone in Australia, Peter Hosking at Empirefoam@bigpond.com. Thanks for asking. Mahalo

Hi solosurfer,You are right been pretty busy, having fun and making new friends on the way. Mahalo

Here’s a 6’ Hobie shaped by Terry Martin that is owned by a good friend of mine Colin Sako. This board was a single fin that I expanded to a Versa-Plane. If you want a board by Hobie give Shawn Hagger a call at Hobie and tell him that Larry sent you. Mahalo

7/28/07

Just got my personal board back from Larry at ProBox and Joe Hendig who did a killer job on the installation! I’m taking this board with me to a group of secret islands in the Indian Ocean and it will be really fun to try some new variables. I call this the “Versatile” model and now thanks to ProBox it is the “Super Versatile” with the newly added Versa-Plane system. With about thirty different fin configurations and two weeks of surf ahead of me, it should be a blast! Will let you know how it holds up and also what fin set up works the best!

Mahalo to Larry and Joe!

Aloha,

Randy Rarick

Quote:

7/28/07

Just got my personal board back from Larry at ProBox and Joe Hendig who did a killer job on the installation! I’m taking this board with me to a group of secret islands in the Indian Ocean and it will be really fun to try some new variables. I call this the “Versatile” model and now thanks to ProBox it is the “Super Versatile” with the newly added Versa-Plane system. With about thirty different fin configurations and two weeks of surf ahead of me, it should be a blast! Will let you know how it holds up and also what fin set up works the best!

Mahalo to Larry and Joe!

Aloha,

Randy Rarick

Welcome aboard Randy. Great to see you posting.

Thanks Larry,

I’ve just sent him an email so we’ll see if we can get some boxes organised.

Pete.

Here’s a EPS Weber Twinzer, Quad, and Twin combo with ProBox. Notice the rear box not in use has a Anti-Drag Plug. This plug replaces the inserts in a ProBox not being used, these plug are made of a material which floats. This will Zero out the weight of the Probox not in use allowing the water to have a smooth flow over the bottom of the board for peak performance. Check out the boards at Weber or a Weber dealer. Mahalo