Proper Glassing Stand Height

Am I correct to assume that my glassing stands should be higher than my shaping stands?

What is a good height? I am 6’0"

Thanks for the advice!

Yup. I made a glassing stand, and when a board is on it, the board is about chest/nipple high.

I’d say just a comfortable height to easily reach across board but still be able to duck down to see laps on underside.

Quote:
Am I correct to assume that my glassing stands should be higher than my shaping stands?

What is a good height? I am 6’0"

Thanks for the advice!

The proper heitght for glassing stands is: ADJUSTABLE

I made my own once I got my own shop and don’t know how I worked without them for 13 years.

So do you glass longboards at a higher setting than short? Or vice versa?

Orrrrr… do you do longboards at all…?

I like tit high. Easy enough to reach over, easy to look under. Plus, it gets all that nice smelling resin right up close where it does the most good.

I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t adjust the height of the glassing rack higher or lower depending on the length of the board. You would raise up when it’s time to tuck the laps under…that’s my understanding and soon to be practice (in the works of making some glassing specific racks)

You need to have the board high enough that you can look across thet laminaton, but still be able to stand erect and look down on the overall lamination. "Tit-high is usually a good rule of thumb. High enough to look across, down on overall and still be able to reach across for squeeging, high enough to bend over minimally and lap your rails.