Putting cant wih FCS X2 center plug

Aloha everybody,
I have 6 FCS X2 center plugs, and I would like to know if I can put cant angle of 4 degrees for my laterals fins despite of they are center plugs?
Many thanks.
Eric.

Doubtful. The good news is you won’t need to buy center boxes for a few boards.

4deg ain’t much.
Drill the hole sand it a little put in your pug and kick it to the side.

If it’s a personal board just have at it.

One side might be a little high but I’m sure it’s totally do able with no big issues.

All this said, I don’t use them, just based on looking at em.

Put a 4 deg v in the tail

As long as you have some sort of jig or measuring device to verify the cant of the fin, it shouldn’t be a big deal.

Just stuck in a dummy fin

Hi WideAWAKE,
Thanks for your feedback. It is for my personal board that I want to setting up as a quad with 4 degrees cant angle on rear fins and 2 degrees cant angle for rear fins. All of that with FCS center plugs.

Hi johnmellor, yes I have the jig tool to setting up the good angle. I was worry that fins will not be correctly on the bottom with center plugs on rails. I wanted to configure the board as a quad.

I’ve been using FCS2 and I think you’re in for a headache if you try it. FCS2 are made so the top of the box is flush with the surface of the finished blank. If you tilt the box you will likely wind up too deep for the fin to set correctly and one side of the box will be higher than the other and would likely sit above the foam. With FCS2 the cant is built into the box. Just buy the right boxes.

He said he has X2 plugs not fcs2 boxes

Yes… yes you can
When u put them in make sure they face the same way like normal rail plugs. Not the opposing way like centers.
Be careful when you sand as you will slightly go into the screw holes.

Hola Acqua_Glassing, your message reassures me. Thanks.