Q for dale - re:matress impotence

Hey Wax, I’ll keep and eye out for you. Since I haven’t seen any mat guys out I’ll assumne its you when you get your mat. Dale says there is another local guy bagging it here but I haven’t seen him.

Gary-there are a couple of mat guys that go surf the sidewave at rockbowl-near the inside at mitchell’s cove. The another guy who I’ve seen on a vintage mat at Cowell’s, Indicators and 4 mile. Most folks who remember having fun on mats greet him warmly (plus that guy just tears it up)

Dale just informed me that this conversation’s going on here. I’m glad to see other people interested in mats. EX Sex Wax, that is a Neumatic that I rode in Adam’s photo, and you’re right, I should hold my head even lower and hoist my feet. It’s nice to see a photo once in a while for feedback, because I’m basically teaching myself alone out here. Our headquarters in Santa Cruz is a family friend’s place about a block-and-a-half in on Sunset, so Mitchell’s is my first choice up there. When time and tide are right, it’s a great mat wave. I had some fun times there last November. It’s hard to say about Natural Bridges. When I lived up there in '78 I rode it a lot (hardboard) and there was lots of sand so at low tide it was smooth and clean and safely distant from the rock ledge, but I’m just not in tune with conditions there nowadays. Between Vandenberg and SC I’ve only ridden Pico Creek and Sandollar on a mat, and although they’re really different types of waves they’re both completely mattable. I guess perfect waves are fun whatever you ride, but the surfmat also lets you have fun in waves that you might normally overlook. The whole experience rewards the curious and the intrepid.

EX Sex Wax, Soon! Very soon! Working as hard as I can, but not TOO fast… quality determines all else. Also a cure time for the nonskid. Finished two late last week, they flew away to Kauai… friends of the most respected, Ambrose C. Dale

Thanks Dale, I’m just waiting patiently, no rush. Quality first is good for me. I just want to try it a few times before Tavarua.