Q for the sanding pros out there -- Bonzer concaves and Channels

I was wondering what tips you would give when faced with sanding bonzer concaves or multiple channels? Would you use a hard, medium, or soft pad or do it by hand? Thanks, Magoo

I was wondering what tips you would give when faced with sanding bonzer > concaves or multiple channels? Would you use a hard, medium, or soft pad > or do it by hand? Thanks,>>> Magoo …Here’s one,when sanding channels watch your flat area just out side the chine.What happens is, as you try to get down in the crack of the channel with the pad, you are actually make contact on that flat area just in front of it.You will in a short time burn the cr*p out of this flat area! If your not that skilled with using a grinder,I would sand it out with a block,and finish by hand.Herb

Magoo. I’m no pro and this may not be any help, but your post got me to thinking about what I use to sand. For blips and tape lines, I use a hard rubber backing pad and a sanding disc. This requires care and a light touch, but the result is very precise. For general sanding, I use a pad that consists of a plastic backing pad, a thin piece of rubber, and a thick piece of very soft sponge like foam. I find this pad to be much softer than the traditional soft power pad. They are very good for doing delicate areas such as glass-on fins, channels, concaves, and rails. I find I can better control the pressure I want to use with these pads. They are available in auto-body supply stores. The name on the one I have is Acry-Industries. You could, however, easily make one by gluing sponge foam to an old backing pad. Have a good day. Patrick