question -- clark blanks, how much are they worth?

question: i have a bunch of clark blanks sitting in the original box foam ez shipped them in 2 or 3 years ago. a couple of 10 1 Ys and a couple of 7 4Es. i am thinking about selling them because i have 4 other blanks i plan on shaping and am looking to make some room for a few other toys. what is a fair price for them?

thanks,

tim

I can still get some clarkfoam blanks from my supplier. Some of the new blanks are even better than clark. They are worth what someone is willing to pay depending on how you market them. I don’t know many people that would pay much more than the market rate for the equivalent new blank.

But there’s always someone on E-Bay…

Quote:

question: i have a bunch of clark blanks sitting in the original box foam ez shipped them in 2 or 3 years ago. a couple of 10 1 Ys and a couple of 7 4Es. i am thinking about selling them because i have 4 other blanks i plan on shaping and am looking to make some room for a few other toys. what is a fair price for them?

thanks,

tim

They are no longer needed to make boards so, they have no monetary value anymore. If you would just send me a PM I will send my mailing address and you can get rid of the eyesores. Don’t bother thanking me for making room at my place it is the least I can do for a Swaylockian.

j/k

Why don’t you just shape them?

A big hint as to their intrinsic value is that they’re called blanks. If you believe in some superiority or mojo, shape them or have a great shaper shape them. If you’re not a believer, you market them as a premium product and find out what Ebayers are willing to pay. Ebay is crazyland. Clean $50 skateboard decks I owned in the 80s are going for a grand and more on there. But nobody here can tell you what they’ll sell for on Ebay. Put reserves of whatever you would pay today for each.

Timmy,

I think you summed it up in you statement,… “i have a bunch of clark blanks sitting in the original box foam ez shipped them in 2 or 3 years ago. a couple of 10 1 Ys and a couple of 7 4Es. i am thinking about selling them because i have 4 other blanks i plan on shaping”

You got 4 other blanks to shape, but not going to shape the Clarks? I think that speaks volumes to options now, and what you think of clark blanks.

There worth what a blank is worth now…pick the brand, they all pretty much cost the same. Maybe some one all nostalgic will step up with a big check.

-Jay

The 10’1”Y is worth a few bucks so why not take it to a great Longboard shaper and make a classic legacy board? Send it to Yater and make a keeper. He’s still powering it out at 74. It’s worth what you make of it, but I wouldn’t just sell it to sell it. At this point there aren’t many around.

It’s amazing to go into Yater’s shop and see the grey lady, the 10’1”Y mold plug, and all of his life’s work to date. If I were you, that’s the way to go.

two weeks after clark bailed you could have got a couple grand for em all from some idiot…never cared my self about the foam to many densitys in one blank like mine the same all the way through quality blanks though clean and close good product…ps why does the gray lady have a fin if its a plug

Quote:

…ps why does the gray lady have a fin if its a plug

It didn’t have a fin last time I saw it! but that was my exact thought when i was with it…i wanted to put it in the water sooooo bad, but it wasn’t in even NEAR that condition…it looked like a hacked old LB that was half painted primer grey :slight_smile:

looks like someone resto-ed her!

The Grey Lady is one of his first Longboards he made. The mold plug stands beside her.