question on 3-tab twin fins, and surfboard vents

Looking for some help in finding some 3-tab twin fins for a fish, and curious about which vents are recommended as the best for a couple hollow wood surfboards I want to update the venting on (I have the old screw in plugs but I want the kind that are constantly venting).

These are the kind of fins I want, I see them available in Australia and UK, but haven’t found any in the U.S.

And this is the vent that comes up when I search, is this the standard now for hollow wood boards?

Not that I wanna be that guy, but, amazon…

https://www.amazon.com/GB-Paddle-Carbon-Fiber-Twins/dp/B07J1DQ824/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=GB+Paddle+FCS+Base+carbon+fiber+Twin+Fins'&qid=1574297913&sr=8-1

I’ve been eyeing these for a project as they’re relatively cheap. While I’m here, any thoughts on cutting the rear tab off and using these in standard 2 tab fcs boxes? I think I kinda know the answer, but am interested to what you guys think.

Hi Huck,

Why not use Pete Casicas vents?

I used them just in foamboards, and i never had problems , despite heavy abuse- leaving them uncovered in the sun for hours before getting them in cold water etc…

With all the air in a hollow wood board i would consider installing two…

Cheers

Jasper

Where can I get them?

Dear Huck, I can pass you a european adress for goretex vents, but I assume you prefer some US Suppliers. But if you just google “Goretex Vent” you may easily find what you need. I found mine here at a distributor of electronic parts, because the vents are often used to vent housings of electronical devices, which are located outside or in humid areas. Beware that there are different types, you want the “high airflow” ones. I installed them in one board and it worked great, now hassle with forgotten waves anymore. Just flush it with freshwater after use. Depending on temperatures I guess that one is enough for up to 60l of volume (and maybe more). My vents are threaded with M12x1.5… You just need the vent, the “vent cup” you may easily do by yourself out of wood, a regular threaded insert may not work, because the thread is different. I will post some pics from my cell phone later…

Please check the following specs, you want the left on the last page, with high airflow of 4.000ml/min or about 4quarts/min…

I’m sure Pete will chime in, but I think you can get Pete’s vents at Foam EZ and maybe Fiberglass Supply.  The Casica vent is the Cadillac of vents.  Worth the extra $.  Since those are FCS fins, have you thought about contacting them directly?

thnx saltyjon I ordered a pair from your link

ok, I found the Casica Vent on Foam E-Z, thnx!