rail ding

hi just wanted to back up what i thought, i have a nose rail of a longboard to fix. ive taken out all the glass and damaged foam and am going to fill this with a cabosil mix. then should i sand and then lay a patch of glass over the top and then sand and hotcoat the patch? as in glassing 101 or does anyone have a better way? thanks

hi just wanted to back up what i thought, i have a nose rail of a > longboard to fix. ive taken out all the glass and damaged foam and am > going to fill this with a cabosil mix. then should i sand and then lay a > patch of glass over the top and then sand and hotcoat the patch? as in > glassing 101 or does anyone have a better way?>>> thanks I’ve always perferred cutting a foam flug putting it in with a cabosil laminating resin mix. I keeps thing closer to the orginal in appearence and weight. There rest is pretty much by the book. Mahalo, Rich

is it a good idea to skip adding the cloth and just adding milled fibers in the fill mix?

is it a good idea to skip adding the cloth and just adding milled fibers > in the fill mix? thats the other way i was thinking of going, but to halcyon would do it that way but dont have any spare bits of foam as ive just moved to ireland from the uk and girlfriend wouldnt let me drag the bag of offcuts with me!! thanks