Rainy day blade sharpening

Pete C’ blade jig makes this much easier! 

I’ve yet to use mine, but plenty of rainy days coming up here.   That “stone” is the best for the money.

You boys are a couple of slackers if you wait until it rains for sharpening those blades.

So true!  I miss the days of the Clark blade exchange.  It’s funny how I once dreaded blade sharpening and now enjoy the process.  

The jig works great as long as you are not an idiot like me and run the set screws in too deep past the insert without a blade in. The set screw is just short enough to get captured in the slot and I could not back out without risk of cross threatening.  I ended up drilling some relief holes at the base to retrieve. Maybe longer set screw would idiot proof them?

Anyway, the rail marking tool, Skil vac exhaust, and the blade jig are all really nice products. Now I just need to get my 676’s over to you to bench check the  windings.

Thanks,

DJ

I’m not paranoid about taking the blades out.  I’m paranoid about getting them back in.

Here’s what I ended up doing.  I’m sure I voided the warranty:)

Thanks for the compliments, I take back the slacker stuff.   Jigs come with longer screws now, but always wear gloves when handling blades.  They can get super sharp on those diamond hones and you’ll never know you’re sliced until squeezing those limes on the tacos.