Rainy Day Secrets- REVEALED!

Gluing purpleheart and basswood for a custom curved tailblock (check the hi-tech jig):

And de-twisting a board left in a hot car (note the diving weights and heater):

Okay, so I’ve been reduced to ding repair, but its for a team rider, so what am I to do?

Team Rider(s):

need some help?

Very revealing!

the secrets, I mean

:slight_smile:

Yes it’s almost as if I can lip read…I mean feel by braile…I mean, oh whatever.

Hey Al,

Nice team!

I like the shaping rack that comes with a heater…perfect for those rainy days…I hear they’re real popular with the gorge guys.

Do you remember that little 5’9" (I think) swallowtail with orange rails I made you when you were a grom? Now look at you…all growed up and big tme shaper…damn! :slight_smile:

Quote:

Do you remember that little 5’9" (I think) swallowtail with orange rails I made you when you were a grom? Now look at you…all growed up and big tme shaper…damn! :slight_smile:

Yes, I remember. That was a great board. But it was 5’11’'- While looking for a snapshot of it, this fell out of the scrapbook (love the address =Mesa= !)

Oops 5’11" straight cut dove (not curved swallow), rolly poly rails up front, needle pointy nose, sharp features in the back… tail tips could stab you to death but easy to suture :slight_smile:

…wow, you have the GD receipt. I’m impressed…May 10th 1974!! Dang I’m old.

The people remain the same, only the boards change…lol!

is that maya in the back with glasses on???

yep, and danny’s daughter (trying to keep some anonymity here).

She gave me the pic, wanted me to put it on my site, but I’d have to make a new page, and I’m lazy…

that was a fluke (finding the receipt). It literally fell out of the scrapbook!

You were ahead of your time- those “roly poly” rails up front have become the default rail on a few zillion thrusters. Nice and neutral.

Quote:

that was a fluke (finding the receipt). It literally fell out of the scrapbook!

You were ahead of your time- those “roly poly” rails up front have become the default rail on a few zillion thrusters. Nice and neutral.

aye, there’s the rub…being ahead of your time doesn’t put the kid thru college.

…but thanks for the nod.

The cutting edge is also the bleeding edge.

Allan, Were you needing help with team repairs work!?

Allan:

Now your’e giving away secret spots!!

That’s my niece too…

Couldn’t you have them pose at Mondos

or something? LOL

BKB