Random finboxs looking for what type

Hi Guys , i have some random fin boxes looking to see what they may be as the inserts are missing, what are your thoughts mine was lokbox but then that would be only one screw. thanks

Innocent question, since nobody has responded yet. Could this be a weirdly sanded example of the new adjustable series?

If it is, I’m not buying another jig.

It looks pretty similar to a fin system that showed up here a long time ago.  

https://www.swaylocks.com/comment/406742#comment-406742

That is one puzzling looking box. Looks like a box that is designed to take both Futures and FCS, but why are the FCS tab spots wider? This is going to make me go measure some FCS and FUtures bases. Like many here, I’ve converted Futures for Probox (FCS compatible, latter), and I’d swear the Futures base is wider than the FCS tabs.

Here’s the other pic in that post which shows the insert and cant

Ahhh, OK - many thanks.

That makes perfect sense, now. I did actually hand-test an FCS to Futures to make sure I wasn’t misremembering, and the Futures was (of course) thicker than the FCS, but the cant explains the slotting and appearance. Duh.

Thanks Guys thats the litlle Burggers, managed to get hold of the orginal shaper(super lucky there) , he said they were only made for a short peroid they are ment to be fcs and futures but i have no idea how you would fit futures in there would they fit without a shim?, have a set of futures knocking around so will test both as i still use good old prehistoric fcs 1 a , so looks like prototyping time :slight_smile: out with the cardboard and glue!