Re: cleaning wax from board bag

Mikey - I keep a “deck side” and “bottom side” of the bag so at least the wax inside the bag stays on the deck of the board.

I used a power washer on a prolite bag once with good results.

I used a power washer on a prolite bag once with good results. Invert bag. Place in warm, sunny area. Come back in ten minutes. Once wax is reduced to slight runny state sprinkle foam dust on areas affected. With gloves or no gloves “wax on-wax off” until wax is buffed off. (Repeat). Flip bag and repeat. Towel off foam dust. Clean up area. Invert back to original shape. Worst case- board sock board and insert. Happy New Year!

Invert bag. Place in warm, sunny area. Come back in ten minutes. Once wax > is reduced to slight runny state sprinkle foam dust on areas affected. > With gloves or no gloves “wax on-wax off” until wax is buffed > off. (Repeat). Flip bag and repeat. Towel off foam dust. Clean up area. > Invert back to original shape. Worst case- board sock board and insert. > Happy New Year! Once the bag’s inside out if there’s no sunshine just use a heat gun on a very low setting to soften the wax. Use a small polyethelene squeege to scrap it off carefully if it’s thick Then get “The Pickle” out. It’s the best wax stripper I’ve found yet. It’s a very fine green mesh nylon bag full of foam dust. Your board bag will be good as new. All it takes is a little patience and some elbow grease. The same technique works great to strip down a board too. Best, Rich