Re: Motorized surfboards

Whats going to happen to surfboard design (and culture) when light, inexpensive, compact propulsion motors become available? I think itll be like when the leash was invented, many will fight the idea, but eventually just about everyone will have to use them. The next design revolution? Swaylocks is awesome, thanks! Shane

Whats going to happen to surfboard design (and culture) when light, > inexpensive, compact propulsion motors become available? I think itll be > like when the leash was invented, many will fight the idea, but eventually > just about everyone will have to use them. The next design revolution? > Swaylocks is awesome, thanks!>>> Shane Hmmm… I just wrote a friend about this subject! Its an idea thats been tried a few times before, but now it appears to be much more sophisticated. Maybe not for purists, or the modern ripper, but for high speed, long-line cruising, riding unbroken ocean swells and use in larger surf (sans Waverunner tow-in)… only time will tell. Hey, I just want faster swimfins, not a motor! http://www.motorsurf.com/tech-talk.htm Dale

Sorry, Swaylock-- last time I checked, I was someone else! Shane