Re-Painting on Sanded Hotcoat

I already posted this question below, but I think it got lost in the noise… or nobody had a suggestion. I messed up my pinline and railbands (airbrush) doing a cutlap, I tried fixing it best I could, but it’s still a little fuzzy in spots. Anyone ever try doing touchup over the sanded hotcoat? Will it look obvious that it’s on two different layers? Thanks

Rook: I know you don’t want to think about doing this but you may be better off putting a wider pinline over the old one, all the way around on top of the sanded hotcoat. You can try the touchup on top depending how much area you have to do but it will definitely look “brighter” or sharper than the one under the glass. Or you could just leave it and ride it with a promise to learn from your mistakes and make the next one perfecto. Tom S.>>> I already posted this question below, but I think it got lost in the > noise… or nobody had a suggestion. I messed up my pinline and railbands > (airbrush) doing a cutlap, I tried fixing it best I could, but it’s still > a little fuzzy in spots. Anyone ever try doing touchup over the sanded > hotcoat? Will it look obvious that it’s on two different layers?>>> Thanks

I already posted this question below, but I think it got lost in the > noise… or nobody had a suggestion. I messed up my pinline and railbands > (airbrush) doing a cutlap, I tried fixing it best I could, but it’s still > a little fuzzy in spots. Anyone ever try doing touchup over the sanded > hotcoat? Will it look obvious that it’s on two different layers?>>> Thanks i had the same problem. I spray painted the board with DD paint and glosscoated. Watch out with the sanding of the gloss. Keep some paint for repairs.

Rook:>>> I know you don’t want to think about doing this but you may be better off > putting a wider pinline over the old one, all the way around on top of the > sanded hotcoat. You can try the touchup on top depending how much area you > have to do but it will definitely look “brighter” or sharper > than the one under the glass. Or you could just leave it and ride it with > a promise to learn from your mistakes and make the next one perfecto.>>> Tom S. Thanks Tom… Part of my considering to paint over it is for the learning experience. Though I’ve definetly learned from my mistakes, I figure I’ll never know what it would look like until I try it. It already looks blemished, I just wanted to make sure I’m not going to turn it into a freak… but no matter what I do, It will still get a mothers love Cheers